Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tower speakers

Default Tower speakers

What tower speakers do you guys like? Everything I search people say they can't hear their kickers, or polks, but everyone loves Wetsounds. Can't afford wet sounds

Default Tower speakers

I love Exile XM9s. A bit less spendy than Wetsounds, but IMO just as good sound.
    2013 Outback V

If those comments were related to a standard coaxial speaker in a tower pod, then that could be accurate, regardless of brand. Its about speaker type and application. To effectively reach wake-board range, you need an HLCD, such as Kickers KM6500.2 system or other HLCD.

If you do get that 2001 be mindful of the 1-5/8" tower tube size and the clamps available for tower speakers. A little bit more limited selection or more customization needed in some cases.

I run Polk MM651UMs on the tower and yes, at WB distance they pretty much suck. Seems to be about 15-20ft further than they can reach... In boat and surf distance they do the job great.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Pair of used ws pro 80's in the classifieds. Might it your budget.

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....ounds-Pro-80-s
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Thanks Berg, that was my next question, I assumed there was only 1 or 2 sizes but turns out there are a lot when it comes to towers. I am checking out those pro 80's. In the interim, how are the Kicker kmt60? They seem to get good reviews & we have a ton of amazon credits we thought we thought we would use up on them?

Or should I maybe use those credits on a amp & get those WS 80's? Are two of WS 80's with a clean 150w to each enough to hear behind the boat? Will I need more speakers?

There have been tons of posts about this and the bottom line is, if you want to hear them while wakeboarding, then the HLCD are a must. Also the exile's are pretty reasonable and there are a lot of guys here that have them. My advice is do it right the first time, or you may be unhappy and have to do it over again in the future, and then even more money is spent. That is where I am. I can't hear my setup, but I can't justify spending all that money again, so I 'm just frustrated with my setup now.

Exile XM9 or WS REV10 are probably the best bet for good sound at the end of the rope. Anything small and the horn wayyyyy over powers the mids of the woofer
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

With the advice, I am checking on those used WS 80's above. Are two of those enough with the right amp? Or is that another just spend the exrtra money & get the exiles or WE Rev10?

Another newb question; Is the alternator on these moombas enough to handle multiple amps?