Default Offseason Instruction

Just spent a great day of skiing in San Marcos, Texas with Trent Finlayson last Sunday! The day I had can only really be stated as "One of my best days of waterskiing EVER!"

Trent is an amazing skier, very professional, and an honest to goodness all around guy!

It's amazing how we work hard all year to do our best and it blows my mind how a day of help and quality coaching and instruction can us.

I pretty much spent the whole day with Trent. We did three sets with instruction at the end of every run. How much I improved personally was amazing in my own mind. And what he saw in me and the changes he set forth to my technique changed me immediately for the better. Most of the changes were just subtle issues that make vast improvements. But he also changed my mind set and my approach as I come too the first wake and how I exit the second wake.

I only wish I lived in a climate like it is in Texas where one can ski year round! Today is Thursday and I can finally lift my arms above my head as I was so sore from using muscles that I haven't used since Oct when I last skied and put my boat away! But man o man was it ever a good hurt!!!!

So thankful for the day Trent and his wife Kara showed me! I will be back this winter to ski with him again, get more coaching, and work on what he taught me already? I'm going home on Friday but my ski and equipment are staying in Texas for my next visit down.

If you ski and are ever in Texas - look Trent up! You'll be more than happy you did.

Need his contact info please message me personally.
    2014 Centurion Carbon Pro

2004 Ski Nautique 196 LE - SOLD
    2004 Outback DD - SOLD
    1995 Supra TSM6 Comp - SOLD

2017 - 67" Radar Lithium Vapor Pro Build w/ Radar Vapor Boa Bindings

Stay STACKED & Pull HARD!!!

Thanks for sharing. Sounds like you had a blast. Now it's back to ice fishing I guess?
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I wish I could impress on all slalom skiers the value of training with a real coach. Several days in a row is my prefered method. I wish I had known this 30 years ago (and had the money). In the big scheme it does not have to be that expensive if you can work it in with another trip - or find a place within an easy drive.

Get coached -
    If you believe something to be true, it will be - in it's consequences.

2009 MasterCraft ProStar 197 - DD - 5.7L - 325HP - Zero Off

Benson what you state is SO TRUE! Now that being said skiers do yourself a favor and don't just throw your money out there at someone who says they are a ski coach.

I haven't taken whole lot of lessons but I have seen WAY BETTER coaching from some instructors to other instructors. Different styles and different techniques.

A couple times I really felt like all I paid for was some over priced sets that I could have went and done locally for a fraction of the cost.

But when you find someone that you know has paid attention to YOU & YOUR SKIING, analyzied it, and offered you constructive feedback that immediately made you ski better and you noticed it! GO BACK!!!!!

I wished I would have met Trent when I first got my job 6 years ago with my current company. I am in Houston too much to not take advantage of him and what he offers? I will schedule at least 2 sets with lessons every trip down now moving forward.

We got our first boat 5 years ago and our Moomba 2 years ago. I hadn't skied since my early twenties. Since my family got back into the boating lifestyle I have updated my boat and my ski.

I will never ski they way a lot of great skier do.............but at the same time I'm still not too old to work hard and get way better at doing something I love!!

Doesn't get any better than riding that ski behond the boat on a nice day!!!!!!
    2014 Centurion Carbon Pro

2004 Ski Nautique 196 LE - SOLD
    2004 Outback DD - SOLD
    1995 Supra TSM6 Comp - SOLD

2017 - 67" Radar Lithium Vapor Pro Build w/ Radar Vapor Boa Bindings

Stay STACKED & Pull HARD!!!