Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Surf Boat

Default New Surf Boat

We are considering repacing our '06 with a '13. We startered surfing last year and now we surf 95% of the time. We are really leaning toward the mojo but I wanted to ask everyone how the lsv wave compares to the mojo's. Thanks!
    '06 Outback - Gone but not forgotten
    '13 Mojo

Default New Surf Boat

Quite a few of the Wakesurf guys have traded their LSVs for the Mojo.
    2018 Max with a little extra weight here and there

Default New Surf Boat

but the lsv still produces a very capable wave. can't go wrong with either model IMO

sent from my home phone
    Jason

Go Hard or Go Home.......it's MOOMBA time!!

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

Default New Surf Boat

I agree that the LSV can throw a nice wave. I have not been on the Mojo yet but I can't wait to try it out!
    2018 Max with a little extra weight here and there

I think he means the new Lsv vs the mojo....

i vote mojo so I can come surf that beast.....
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by muehlcj View Post
    We are considering repacing our '06 with a '13. We startered surfing last year and now we surf 95% of the time. We are really leaning toward the mojo but I wanted to ask everyone how the lsv wave compares to the mojo's. Thanks!
    After owning the LSV and really working the surf wave, and plenty on the forum can atest to the quality of the wave i had on my LSV the Mojo throws a super nice wave right out of the factory. This is before you start adding new bags, and such.

I surfed the Mojo in Oct, the same one i bought actually and that day with just a couple people and hardly anytime to dial the wave in i was very impressed. It was just as long and had plenty of push.

One of the things i noticed and really liked is that i didnt have to roll the boat over on 1 side like i did my LSV and when i was driving it the nose still sat low in the water vs up in the air.

If the price difference and the size difference isnt a concern to you then id have to say go Mojo. If the the size of the boat or the cost difference is a concern you wont be disapointed in the LSV.

Honestly the best option is take them both out, surf them both with simular weight set ups, and drive them both. Let the boat show you which one to buy
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Also make sure the Mojo will fit in your garage or storage space. It is a bigger boat. I surfed Moombadaze's 2013 LSV on Sat. I'll post some pics in his thread later today. I was very impressed with everything about it and I would buy that model again. The new modifications to the old hull are perfect.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    Also make sure the Mojo will fit in your garage or storage space. It is a bigger boat. I surfed Moombadaze's 2013 LSV on Sat. I'll post some pics in his thread later today. I was very impressed with everything about it and I would buy that model again. The new modifications to the old hull are perfect.
    Space wize, the Mojo is almost same length and width on the trailer with no swim deck as the LSV.
    Its MUCH taller, barely clears my 8 ft door with the tower down.

Width wise the Mojo is much wider then the LSV but the trailer wheels are the same width on the LSV and MoJo trailer, because the MoJo sticks out over the fenders to the edges where the LSV barley sticks out over the fenders.

Floor space in the garage width wise is the same on both trailers with the boat.

Its the same length due to SC took the boat and moved it forward on the trailer. The Roller for the winch is now under the nose as the break away tongue is also under the nose now.

This makes the boat 23 ft on the trailer and the lsv is 22.5 ft on the trailer, the discreptnecy is the LSV has the tongue and wakeplate sticking out and the Mojo only has the wake plate sticking out.
    Last edited by mmandley; 02-11-2013 at 11:02 AM.
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    Space wize, the Mojo is almost same length and width on the trailer with no swim deck as the LSV.
    Its MUCH taller, barely clears my 8 ft door with the tower down.

Width wise the Mojo is much wider then the LSV but the trailer wheels are the same width on the LSV and MoJo trailer, because the MoJo sticks out over the fenders to the edges where the LSV barley sticks out over the fenders.

Floor space in the garage width wise is the same on both trailers with the boat.

Its the same length due to SC took the boat and moved it forward on the trailer. The Roller for the winch is now under the nose as the break away tongue is also under the nose now.

This makes the boat 23 ft on the trailer and the lsv is 22.5 ft on the trailer, the discreptnecy is the LSV has the tongue and wakeplate sticking out and the Mojo only has the wake plate sticking out.
    oh, now these are the most helpful measurements i have heard. i have a unique floor space in my garage, my LSV fits by about 4 inches, but the critical dimension is not the wakeplate, it is the back corner of the boat and the folding tongue. from this description, it may fit in my garage. too bad the dealer is a 200 mile trip. hmm, still working on this change.
    19 Mondo
    08 LSV, forever loved

Quote Originally Posted by yearround View Post
    oh, now these are the most helpful measurements i have heard. i have a unique floor space in my garage, my LSV fits by about 4 inches, but the critical dimension is not the wakeplate, it is the back corner of the boat and the folding tongue. from this description, it may fit in my garage. too bad the dealer is a 200 mile trip. hmm, still working on this change.

Next week when I go back to the shop to work on the boat, I'll get you the exact measurement from bow to stern.
    [COLOR="#696969"]