Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Interesting, the Federal and State laws allow law enforcement to use the dark windows and I see more of them do have them.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by zabooda View Post
    Interesting, the Federal and State laws allow law enforcement to use the dark windows and I see more of them do have them.
    that's due to state and federal registered vehicles having exemptions. it's also another officer safety issue to a degree.

sent from my home phone
    Jason

Go Hard or Go Home.......it's MOOMBA time!!

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

Especially for the K9 units. Keeps the pups cooler in the summer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

All of my cars have had 5% limo tint on them. I got pulled over once by Texas Dept of Public Safety. Gave me a ticket. Told me if i take the tint off they would dismiss it. Week later drove to the office, peeled the tint off, clerk came outside took a polaroid picture of the windows and they dismissed it. Called my tinter up and he slapped another coat of 5% on.

I have an oldschool 91 300zx with limo tint all around and the entire front windshield is tinted as well.
    2009 LSV Liquid Force Edition
    - Gravity III - Upgraded 900lb rear locker
    - Z5 Rack
    - ACME 1847
    - Polk MM6501UM - Kicker IX500.4
    - Kicker CompVX 12" - Kicker IX1000.1
    - Pair Wetsounds Rev 10s - JL Audio HD750/1
    - RGB LEDs

I got a prescription from my Dr for mine.
    04 LSV

Illinois change the law allowing tint on front windows so everyone is installing it, however the City of Chicago decided to raise the tint parking ticket fine from $25 to $250...Gotta love the City robbing everyone that drives into the city.....
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

WA st trooper and warning are never used in the same sentence. Dude buy a lotto ticket!

Im just waiting for the wa st rape when I get pulled over in my dodge. Front plates, 6" lift w/37's and no flaps, no flairs, limo tint all the way around. not if... when.
    Berg lets get together after the holidays. maybe Jan 1 and a little wakeboarding.

PWI as usual...

True true - I may not pull it off at all. Only downside is if I ran into the SAME trooper again sometime down the road and he remembers me. Now that would be more like my kinda luck. I do wonder how much that ticket would be.

I'm curious about you guys with the doctors note that gives exemption. I remember Dusty had said something about that earlier having one and getting let go. Maybe Dr. Newty could prescribe one for me and Dr. Berg could prescribe one for Newty.

Almost forgot- you doin' the Polar Bear run again? I don't have plans as of yet.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    Their other new policy apparently is that they will treat it like a felony stop and take you out hands drawn, at gun point if deemed necessary?, for having dark windows!(
    Cop should never knowingly put himself in a position of compromised safety. If he loses the upper hand, bad things happen. Always, always think safety. In that sense, tinted window are bad news. I was on the other side of countless stops, some urban, some rural, some in day light, and some in the dark of night. If the driver's window had tint, my gun was in my hand. The policy in Washington may sound extreme, but I understand and support it 100%.
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

Not sure with work, we'll see. I'll let you know

PWI as usual...