Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smoking

Default Smoking

Stopped smoking 5 years ago today. Won't say I quit. Still working on it. Smoked for 35 years. Look at the money I saved I guess.
    Jack Beams
    '05 Outback DD
    325HP EFI Indmar

That's great, Jack! Wish my Dad could do the same, but those "stinky sticks" are hard to kick to the curb.

congratz JMB

My folks smoked my entire life with them, never much bothered me, second hand smoke never bothered me.

I moved to Oregon and went home the first time after being here about 8 months, and 1 night in my moms house and my throat was swelled up, i couldnt breath, and now when i visit i refuse to stay in her home, or borrow her car.

IDK if you smoke i just really have no tollerence for being around it now that i have been away from that for so long.

At work we have these designated smoke houses, and everyone always stands outside because they smell so bad, then all of us walking by are choked out by the second hand smoke. Its a nasty habit with no bnefit to you or those around you.

Each day you dont smoke you are recovering hours on your life, instead of shortning it by hours.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

congrats. never picked up the habit but my sis did. she and her fiance quit around 2 years ago and it is so much nicer to go visit them not having them step into the garage every 20 minutes.

I always winced when they would smoke on my boat. you're always one windblown cherry away from a nice black burn in the vinyl.. they would always either standon the platform or in the bow hanging it over the edge, but you never know..

it's one of the toughest things you will ever do so keep it up..
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    congrats. never picked up the habit but my sis did. she and her fiance quit around 2 years ago and it is so much nicer to go visit them not having them step into the garage every 20 minutes.

I always winced when they would smoke on my boat. you're always one windblown cherry away from a nice black burn in the vinyl.. they would always either standon the platform or in the bow hanging it over the edge, but you never know..

it's one of the toughest things you will ever do so keep it up..
    Ive only had a few smokers on the boat and they always respected me enough to sit on the swim deck, i respected that action enough to put them down wind of the boat LOL.

My mom is pretty crazy about her smoking, she can not smoke for most of the day and would not smoke on my boat, or even at the lake the couple days we went when she came up a few years ago.

At the house she would smoke a couple cig but always went outside.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Thanks everyone. My company that I work for banned tobacco products on the premises a year ago so no second hand smoke here. Don't like smokers in my boat either. I make them go out on the back porch (swim platform) too.
    Jack Beams
    '05 Outback DD
    325HP EFI Indmar

Congrats JMB - Tough road and a good example for others.

Smokers on the boat? No way!

I've only had one instance with a buddy from work who I know is a smoker and I flat out told him at the dock "If I see you smoking I'll assume you're on fire and take any means necessary to put you out!" Jokingly serious and the point was made.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Gave the cigs up on 8/8/2001. There was a big event about a month later and a lot of people thought about doing things they had given up or taking up things they never did before. I stayed with it though and hit 10 years last August.
    Congrats, Jack!
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Dang, good job Kane. Hope i make it to ten years
    Jack Beams
    '05 Outback DD
    325HP EFI Indmar

Big congrats Jack! Keep it up kid

Never smoked but been dipping Copenhagen since i was 16 or so. About 4 months ago went cold turkey on the way to the lake and didnt touch a can until about 2 weeks ago. Screwed up and took a dip. Been clean since then but I was very disappointed in myself.

Smoking on the boat? Never. Make my smoker friends leave the cigs in the truck. Can't chance the "accident" in the boat and hate the smell of smoke

sent from my ipad2 via a wireless network which usually sucks
    Jason

Go Hard or Go Home.......it's MOOMBA time!!

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV