Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default new stereo install..

Like KG it was always my understand that WS and arc were almost the same thing with WS being basically the marine version

Sent from my iPhone
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Arc Audio does have Class D amplifiers but do not share the same platform with any of the new Wetsounds Class D amplifiers. Those Wetsounds products are proprietary for now. But they do share some design house and build house on some products so similar products could arrive later. Never say never.
    Arc Audio and Wetsounds do share a common platform on some of the Class H amplifiers with a few differences and tweaks. The Wetsounds marinized product has a stainless steel shroud and hardware plus the circuit board is conformal coated. On an internally fan-cooled amplifier you are constantly running moist air over a naked circuit board, so the Wetsounds protected board is worth consideration.

David

The ARC XDi Class-D series is a great little line of amps. Very small footprint with good power. The 4 chnl can easily run 4-8 in-boats or bridge a pair 6.5" or 8" HLCDs for 240W rms each. The 3 and 5 chnl will also run some in-boats and offer up to 420W for 1 or 2 subs. The XDi1000.1 does 700W rms @ 2. Id love to see a more powerful 4 chnl though.

Default new stereo install..

I always thought the whole "marine" special equipment in Houston.

I know it's because boats are used in a humid environment cause of all the water but an amp in the trunk of a car in Houston, TX will probably get used far more often than boat equipment in air that is just as humid if not more so on a regular basis than say someone on a lake in Wyoming.

I think any amp that will survive a car trunk in New Orleans or Houston will survive nearly any marine wakeboat environment

Sent from my iPhone
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post
    I think the Arc and WS share alot of the same components in some of their lineups. From my understanding, for the most part, WS is the marine version of the Arc. There may be some subtle changes but that's how I've always interpreted the difference.

Does Arc have all the new small footprint, high powered amps that WS is now selling?

My local shop who built my sub enclosure who deals arc told me the same about arc and WS.

class d , what is that again.. Jk
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold