Thread: Enzo Trim Tab

Hybrid View

Default Enzo Trim Tab

how hard can this be to do i wonder? seems like if you can weld it would be an easy DIY for maybe a better dialed in wave? who wants to try it, seems like it's just a quick 45 degree angle weld and your done
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354235860.175304.jpg

sent from my home phone
    Jason

Go Hard or Go Home.......it's MOOMBA time!!

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

Honestly i dont think it will do anything for your wave. I think it will wash it out if anything.

The rear of the Hull is what is shaping your wave, not the Trim tab. All that trim tab is doing is lifting or sinking the rear of the boat in the water.

The shape of the tab is identical to the hull, this allows the boat to roll over to one side, and when you operate the tab it is just an extension of the hull.

Now if you took out Flat tab and put it on that boat what you would see is the wave would end up with wash, or possible a double lip in the face, or it just might counter act the lean of the boat.

Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

makes sense mike

sent from my home phone
    Jason

Go Hard or Go Home.......it's MOOMBA time!!

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

Now an option you might try is extending your plate out farther, say moving the mounting position of the strut to the plat closer to the trailing edge of the plate. This would in effect make the plate go farther up causing the boat to stand more on its end and making the back sink deeper in the water.

+ effect is the boat would act like its running more rear weight
    - the bow will ride higher naturaly due to not being able to make the plate extend lower then the rear of the hull.
    [COLOR="#696969"]

mike, thinking outloud, what about a adjustable trim plate-from the factory plate out to the edge of the boat, sticking back about 2 feet. would that not have the effect of making the boat longer, so the wave forms back farther.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze View Post
    mike, thinking outloud, what about a adjustable trim plate-from the factory plate out to the edge of the boat, sticking back about 2 feet. would that not have the effect of making the boat longer, so the wave forms back farther.
    What i think your thinking of would be something like Tige all new rear hull extension. See below
    This would be the only real way i think to extend the hull.

[COLOR="#696969"]

iirc all that hull extension did was clean up the spray on the wake, give the wake a more solid shape and enable to wake to form/stay when turning the boat.

he also has a lot of data on repositioning the wakeplate mounting location. it made the wake much more adjustable utilizing the whole range of movement on it. the wake could go from short for skimriders to tall for surfriders. it was only 1.5" or so, but made a huge difference. I've noticed on my plate that only around 25% of the adjustment "range" actually affects the wake. by moving the mounting point, it makes 100% of the wakeplate range adjust the wake. I don't know if this would be hull-specific in that flatter v boats might not benefit as much as deep v boats.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    What i think your thinking of would be something like Tige all new rear hull extension. See below
    basically yes, same principle, just not as fugly
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart