Default Dumb Q about oil drain hose

Mine wasn't long enough to thread out of the bilge drain hole in the back of the boat....is that supposed to be the case? I ended up sucking out the oil with a Pela extractor, but figured that it would have been easier if I could have just drained it directly into a pan...
    ===================================
    2005 Moomba Mobius LSV

nope, you did it the right way.

I think a few have made extensions for the hose so they could run it out the rear drain, but the majority are using fluid extractors.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    nope, you did it the right way.

I think a few have made extensions for the hose so they could run it out the rear drain, but the majority are using fluid extractors.
    Some of us run it out the transom drain AND use fluid extractors... I have a Jabsco impeller fluid extraction pump setup mounted on a utility cart I hook to the end of the oil drain hose to the inlet hose of the Jabsco (brass fittings to match the fittings on the oil drain hose) which I ran into the bilge thru the transom drain, then have hooks off the side of the cart I hang empty gallon oil jugs off of and put the output hose into one. Remove the filter and drain it into a jug, and kick off the pump. It creates vast amounts of suction and in 2-3 minutes the engine has been emptied of oil. After it starts sucking air I'll turn it off and leave it sit for a half hour then run it again for bit to get the little bit that drain down... works like a charm.
    Kraig - 2010 Outback V