I live in Bostic, NC. I normally boat on lake James in Marion, NC

Default which is better ws-420 or the ZLD

im going to buy either a zld or a ws-420. which do yall of you prefer. any input is welcome
    Thanks Fox
    2011 Xlv with 325hp and stock Gravity lll

For the record I finally get it. Carry on.
    -Jake

Fox,

I don't think anyone, other than a few retailers/installers, have experience with both units and can therefore give you a fair comparison. These sort of threads usually end up going down a road we try and avoid around here. I'd advise that you seek out the manufacturerss, retailers and/or installers privately to get the facts and make as informed of as decision as possible while also searching the forum for reviews from folks that have installed these units.

I live in Bostic, NC. I normally boat on lake James in Marion, NC

kk thanks ill try and do that then
    2011 Xlv with 325hp and stock Gravity lll

I had a ws 420 in the old boat, loved it, I have the Krypt 4200 in the new boat, but will be swapping it out fr the ld in the spring, but I have no experience yet with the zld, pm and I can give you my experience with the two I have used.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

true wolfe, but only when the vendors come in

I bought the zld over the ws unit due to the mic and the cost. the zld does everything I need it to and I couldn't ever see a use for the mic on our lake. I don't think you can go wrong either way as they are both quality units, but do have some feature differences that make each one right for different installs.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

If you're teaching someone watersports and/or like to give your friends a hard time... nothing beats having a microphone. That's my two cents and only thing I know about the two : )

I use the Krypt 4200

I've had both. I liked the mic on the 420 and the option To change the backlighting color was cool but I found I never used the mic and my back lighting stayed on blue. The ZLD comes with blue back lighting and the main cool thing about the ZLD is instead of having to set two volume knobs everytime you start and stop you can just set the fade and then only mess with one knob. Also like how my sub hits hard with the ZLD even when the cabin speakers are turned down

Sent from my iPhone newtys droid killer using Tapatalk
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD