Default Adding Ballast to Mobius LS

I have not been able to find a topic on how people are adding weight to direct drives. I have an '03 Mobius and was curious to see how other people are loading their boat.

Also, can someone give me instructions on how to add a new ballast bag to the existing switch on the dash. Would I need to buy an additional pump or can I use the existing pump with a new water line?

Thanks

Default Replying to Topic 'Adding Ballast to Mobius LS'

hey az calling. I have an 04 and I run a 600 in the floor and another 600 in the bow with the factory tank in the back and it throws off a killer wake. It works and really does not get in the way. If you are looking for easy, this is the way to do it. Are you in Az? I am in Tucson. Look for me at Roosevelt in the Yellow Mobius LS

What kind of 600# ballast do you have and where did you get them? Did you hook them into your existing pump.

Yes I am from Gilbert AZ. I am at Saguaro lake every Thursday morning in the black Mobius.

See some of my older posts.
    Searsh on

rear storage for Mobius
    or
    Ballast in the rear trunk
    or
    my username

You will find a few posts
    Bruce Fuerstenberg

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting...holy shit!...what a ride!

Barefoot International will make any size sac you need. Call them they are very helpful. I recently purchased new sacs for my Mobius LSV. The wake is now huge. Go to www.fatsac.com. If you call ask for Mike he was knowledgeable.

I run front and back factory ballast with a 400# tube sac between the motor and rear seat. Very nice wake except it seems to start to wash a little closer to the boat than I would like. I'm thinking of adding another sack to the front to balance things out a bit more and see if that will help.

I have an '04 Outback, and have added 2 x 300 lbs Fly High Pro Series bags to the front compartments. As well I have installed a 1/4 steel plate (200 lbs) above the gas tank to support the weight of a 600 lb Fly High Pro Series bag. Finally I have another 300 lb Fly High Pro Series bag that is partially under the rear seat, between the engine compartment and seat . All bags are filled with one Tsunami pump that fills via the drain hole, with the aid of several valves. Two Tsunami pumps are used to empty the 1500 lbs of water in approx 7 minutes. The wake is strong and enormous. This arrangement has not affected our in boat space. I can fill you in, with more details if interested.

Thanks pMann. Send me more details if you can. I am instrested how you added support for the gas tank and how the ballast system works. send me an email: [email protected]

can you also send me that information on the gas tank ballast system to [email protected] , thank you