Default Hello Vibration!

Have a new (16hrs) Mobius LSV. On the water today I was running about 3500 going back to the ramp and the boat just starts vibrating like no other. I quickly brought it down to idle and their was no vibration. Slowly started bringing the rpm's up and it started vibrating a lot again at 3000. I thought, I must have bumped the prop. Got it out of the water and the prop is in good shape to the eye and hand.

Two questions: 1. Does any one have an idea of what is going on. 2. Can I take the boat out again before I take it to the shop (nearest dealer is 2 hrs away) as long as I keep it under 3000 rpm's?

Thanks!!!

Default Replying to Topic 'Hello Vibration!'

jpengelbrecht,

Just a thought, but the other day while out with a friend with another boat, we had a similiar problem that turned out to be a loose prop nut. The prop nut had backed off about 1 turn. After a quick tighten the vibration was gone. He then checked after we got home and was able to get another turn on the nut.

Hope this helps. Could also be that the shaft is out of alignment, but would check the prop nut first.

Tygger

Another possibility. Since you're at 16 hours, you're getting pretty close to needing the first service done on the boat. It's possible that the the engine has settled in some on the mounts and has thrown the shaft out of alignment. I'd check with the dealer and see if it would be a good time to have the first service done since the alignment is one of the things they check.

Also, I seem to remember reading a thread a while back that said something about the prop shaft bolts backing off of the V-Drive. Wouldn't hurt to check those either.