Default Boat Refinancing

Just wanted to give a heads up. Interest rates are pretty good with the economy down. I just walked into Credit Union B at lunch and moved my loan to them, from Credit Union A. It made a pretty big impact in rates and I'm now sitting at 3.75%.

Some institutions may even refi their own loans, mine would not.

Just wanted to give the heads up for anyone thinking about it.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Ours is through Credit Union as well... great rates
    '08 Mobius LS. Sold
    '18 Craz "TypeO"
    REV10's, Revo6 xss, Kicker10, Kicker 12 CompR, various LED's

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post
    Just wanted to give a heads up. Interest rates are pretty good with the economy down. I just walked into Credit Union B at lunch and moved my loan to them, from Credit Union A. It made a pretty big impact in rates and I'm now sitting at 3.75%.

Some institutions may even refi their own loans, mine would not.

Just wanted to give the heads up for anyone thinking about it.
    What was your rate with CU A?
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Oh man ... Too much. 7.7%.

Purchased the boat three years ago and that is what i snagged. It ended up being a rush deal bc i had a bank try to screw me on my way to Georgia to pick up the boat. (long story but a good one)

Embarrassingly, i was too lazy and never got around to shopping it until this week.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    2016 Moomba Mojo

Thanks for the heads up. Might try to do something here. I think I'm around 7 or so.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post
    Oh man ... Too much. 7.7%.

Purchased the boat three years ago and that is what i snagged. It ended up being a rush deal bc i had a bank try to screw me on my way to Georgia to pick up the boat. (long story but a good one)

Embarrassingly, i was too lazy and never got around to shopping it until this week.

At that time that rate wasnt that bad bro. I know when i pulled mine on my 08 in 09 i had a score over 800 and my rate was 7.25 the absolute lowest my CU would give out. I think even now they dont give out much better but i havnt desided who to pull a loan with yet on the new boat.

I did just Refi my Diesel 3 months ago and got 3.3 shaved an entire year off the payments and the payemtn went down 20 bucks LOL. I still pay over anyhow to get her paid off faster.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Wow - lowest my CU will offer is 5.74-6.24 on a new boat depending on the term. My bank (US Bank) actually beats them by offering down in the mid 4's.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Can someone please explain how you refi a boat loan? Are you just asking a different firm to take over your loan? How's this whole process work?
    2008 Supra 21V-Currently For Sale

I originally asked my lender to "refi", essentially asking for rate change. I asked bc the advertised prices are much lower than what i had. The response was policy this and policy that.

So i went to another credit union. Told them what i was working with (value, amount owed, years left, etc) and asked if they would want to take over the loan. They wrote a check to original credit union and i took it and paid off that note.
    There was a $15 origination fee for the loan.

2016 Moomba Mojo

i threatened to do that same thing that you just did KG and my local Credit Union agreed to refinance my truck loan... I was at 6.45% and they are offering in the 3.75 range.. i walked in and asked my banker (sister in law) to refinance and she said they couldn't do it. So i went to the RBC in the next town (we only have a CU in Nokomis) and they were all over it. Even offered me a free Ipad if i was willing to switch my mortgage to. Interest rate on the mortgage was no better though. So i went back to CU to get loan payout info. and presto.... they were suddenly willing to match!! Sis in law was sour but that's not my problem!!!
    2014 Mondo with da flow!!! Exile towers, stock everything else.... for now!