Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Eric, you drawing will work fine. What year and model do you have? Do you have the timers or is this a mod on an older model.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Its very easy to hear by the tone of the pumps whether they are pumping water or not. I think it would look cool to look like a fire boat while draining but you can easily tell by the whining of the pump thats its done pumping or its not pumping for some reason. A lower tone lets you know water is flowing

It's old like me, an '02 LSV -- picked it up earlier this year real cheap as a "hold over" til I found another Natique or X-Star -- but fell in love with the way it rides and have been fixing some of the little things, new stereo, adding Perfect Pass, second battery with a charging system, new bimini, tower lights...

Here's the revised drawing;
    1. added a third check valve at the vent
    2. fixed the direction of my check valve symbols as I had them backwards earlier

Eric

Why do you need Check valve #1? Or even the ballast dump?!?
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Nevermind, you want to be able to see/hear the water to know when to shut off...

A lot of our customers elect to install reversible pump systems as you've outlined, to provide visual and audible indications when the system is draining. You can save a little bit of money by using 3/4" components for the vent connection, although then your drain and vent thru-hulls will be different sizes (unless you use a common size fitting).

We have diagrams for this system and other popular layouts in our resources section.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonwm View Post
    A lot of our customers elect to install reversible pump systems as you've outlined, to provide visual and audible indications when the system is draining....
    I hope so!! I bought all that stuff from you guys (Great Service by the way!) and I am going to start the install next week.

Already carved up the area behind the throttle lever to install the new pump switches so I can get to them! I will post some pics later.

Eric.

Can't wait to see pics of the install!

Not much to look at yet;

Before the switches were in a horrible location, never did get used to them, never could remember which was what and what was on or off as I couldn't see them.

Moomba Ballast Switches.jpg

This is where the new ballast switches are including a new switch for the third X-Over reversible pump between the back two bags. Got two more future switch spaces, probably going to add some docking lights on one of them.

Moomba Ballast Switches (2).jpg

Eric.

Default Re: Reversible Pumps and check valves?

Where did you get the plate and switches from?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2