Default Moomba LSV or Mobius LS

I currently have a 2005 Mobius LS that I really love. It is a direct drive and we have been considering getting a v drive for more space in the boat so more people can ride. We have never been on a v drive so we aren't sure what it would be like compared to the DD. I am just trying to get some information before I think about selling our Moomba right now. Any insight would be awesome.

I had an '05 LS last year. I sold it at the end of the season and this year I bought a '11 LSV. Once I got the LSV I KNEW it was what I should've gotten the first time! So much more room for people, storage, gear, BALLAST. It's great! Once you go V you won't go back....DO IT! You will NOT be disappointed.
    SOLD! 2011 Mobius LSV 325HP EFI
    Digital Cruise Pro, Wakeplate, Kenwood KM550U and KCA-RC107MR x2, Kicker ZXM700.5, Kicker 6.5 Cabins, 10'' Kicker CompVT sub, Wetsounds SYN 4, Wetsounds REV10s, Wetsounds WS420Q, Gravity VI Surf Ballast, Acme 537

Board: '12 LF Harley (Monster) 139
    Her Board: '11 Ronix Krush 128
    Kids Board: '13 Ronix Vision 120
    Skate: LF Faction 44
    Surf: LF Custom Quad & XXX

Tow Rig:
    2011 Toyota Tundra CrewMax TRD Magnetic Grey
    3/1 Truxx Lift, and some other stuff...

I would say it depends on you intended use. It's been my experience that a v drive will give you a larger wake where a dd would be better for skiing and such.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
    2005 mobius lsv

Unless you are a serious slalom skier, go for the LSV.
    2017 Moomba Craz

I've heard there is more room to mount that stripperpole in a V-Drive.
    '08 Mobius LS. Sold
    '18 Craz "TypeO"
    REV10's, Revo6 xss, Kicker10, Kicker 12 CompR, various LED's

GA-lsv05 is right. Sure a V drive has more cockpit room, but the wake sucks for skiing. If you have any little ones that are going to learn to ski you won't even be able to see there heads over the wake at 15mph.

But hey I'm a self proclaimed slalom jockey so my opinion may be slightly biased.

Don't get me wrong, a V drive is a great boat to float around on all day, especially if you can only have one boat.
    07 Outback, PP, Heaters, Custom 1/2 wrap, SeaDeK platform cover, Upgraded Stereo, Bimini, Apperance package

"Hi, How you Doin?"

ENASH is right, once you go V you wont go back to a dd!

Quote Originally Posted by E4NASH View Post
    I had an '05 LS last year. I sold it at the end of the season and this year I bought a '11 LSV. Once I got the LSV I KNEW it was what I should've gotten the first time! So much more room for people, storage, gear, BALLAST. It's great! Once you go V you won't go back....DO IT! You will NOT be disappointed.