Thread: Bilge Pump

Default Bilge Pump

Hi,

Looking for a little help. I have a '04 mobius with about 55 hours on it. The bilge pump is not working correctly. Every time I turn it on, it flips the circuit breaker after about 5 seconds, and it doesn't pump in that time period. The automatic float does work, but it will also flip the circuit breaker. It also doesn't pump any water out during the 5 seconds it runs. Any suggestions? I'm tired of having to pull the boat out of the water to take out the drain plug, and my dealer is 2 hours away.

Default Replying to Topic 'Bilge Pump'

Sounds like its a short in the wiring. I'd check all the connections.

Not disagreeing about the switch idea, but, also, if a little trash enters the pump housing it will slow/stop the impeller and could easily draw enough additional current to trip the breaker. Have experienced this.

Most of these pumps are set-up with easy-snap disassembly, usually taking 15 seconds or so, to allow cleaning the screen and impeller.

You may have already done this, if so, some circuit problem would be next to check for.

Hi Wakerider,

I had the same problem. Some material was stuck in the pump. Unfortunately I had tried the pump to often so that the motor was broken. I had to replace it

Markus

yea, my bilge quit working on my 05 outback, but me and my buddies just kept trying to run it, not a smart idea, we burnt the pump out. After screwing around with the boat i found out how to disassemble the bilge from its housing, and there was something stuck in the impeller. I was not going to pay maintence on the pos so i ordered a new pump and wet down to west marine and leanred how to rewire the thing. I am not an electrician, and it was very hard but not pretty, but the new bilge works.

LOL - Lax lives in my world.

Short and it will not turn at all (fixed that on the Lund this weekend) - it is jammed.

SD2
    Naked red and white 2005 Moomba LSV
    Teaching my kids to Ride, Shoot Strait and Tell the Truth