Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Movin' on....

Quote Originally Posted by deerfield View Post
    Short note to share the news that I am moving -- to a new employer and city.

The position is a fit with my commercial banking skills and keeps me in the financial services industry, where I have worked since 1994.

The best part? A welcome move to the South.

I will take up residence in southern Virginia. While it’s not Alabama or Texas, it gets me into a more moderate climate and longer boating season.

Already scoped out Lake Anna as my place to play and have my eye on living in the town of Ashland.

I start the Monday after Thanksgiving. Family will follow, after finding a permanent home.

Might have to change my name. Jim Bob? Dusty? Porter? Willie?

Cheers!
    Nice! I used to live on Lake Anna! Great memories there! Although not southern it's more Central VA, you are going to love it there. If you have any questions just let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SOLD! 2011 Mobius LSV 325HP EFI
    Digital Cruise Pro, Wakeplate, Kenwood KM550U and KCA-RC107MR x2, Kicker ZXM700.5, Kicker 6.5 Cabins, 10'' Kicker CompVT sub, Wetsounds SYN 4, Wetsounds REV10s, Wetsounds WS420Q, Gravity VI Surf Ballast, Acme 537

Board: '12 LF Harley (Monster) 139
    Her Board: '11 Ronix Krush 128
    Kids Board: '13 Ronix Vision 120
    Skate: LF Faction 44
    Surf: LF Custom Quad & XXX

Tow Rig:
    2011 Toyota Tundra CrewMax TRD Magnetic Grey
    3/1 Truxx Lift, and some other stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by ian ashton View Post
    I didn't move to the UP! Luckily my company doesn't have a presence that far north. We are in Traverse City. New house is .2 miles from East Grand Traverse Bay, which is part of Lake Michigan.
    The wife says traverse city is really nice, she grew up near battle creek. Congrats again. The bay looks huge....
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Congrats on the move! I'm sure you are going to love it. How far from there to Tuscaloosa for you?
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    Congrats on the move! I'm sure you are going to love it. How far from there to Tuscaloosa for you?
    A pretty good way...Living in the ATL it takes me between 9-10 hours to get back home. Tuscaloosa is about 3-hours from here. So he is looking at about 12 depending on how he drives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SOLD! 2011 Mobius LSV 325HP EFI
    Digital Cruise Pro, Wakeplate, Kenwood KM550U and KCA-RC107MR x2, Kicker ZXM700.5, Kicker 6.5 Cabins, 10'' Kicker CompVT sub, Wetsounds SYN 4, Wetsounds REV10s, Wetsounds WS420Q, Gravity VI Surf Ballast, Acme 537

Board: '12 LF Harley (Monster) 139
    Her Board: '11 Ronix Krush 128
    Kids Board: '13 Ronix Vision 120
    Skate: LF Faction 44
    Surf: LF Custom Quad & XXX

Tow Rig:
    2011 Toyota Tundra CrewMax TRD Magnetic Grey
    3/1 Truxx Lift, and some other stuff...

Well, he'll be rockin' the new Hemi --
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

E4NASH is right on the money. Traveled between here and Norfolk quite a few times
    Jack Beams
    '05 Outback DD
    325HP EFI Indmar

so your not to far now to make the Sinclair Jam next year
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Now you're talking. Woo hoo!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

As I write, am sitting near the window of a new restaurant on Lake Anna. Been here now three times and enjoyed every meal. Great seafood. Anyway, want to update you. As mentioned in a different thread, Judy and I bought a pickup truck to replace the Suburban as tow vehicle. April 5 I drive to Illinois to switch cars, leaving her the Toyota and driving the pickup plus boat back to Virginia on April 8. Have arranged covered storage and launch access on Lake Anna. Keeping the boat out of the water and on trailer when not in use. I can hardly believe the difference in cost. In Illinois, season launch access (basically four month season) and storage is over $1,000. Here in Virginia, season launch is $120 and month-to-month covered storage is $73. If the boat and wet suite were here today, I'd be on the water even though the air temp is only 60 degrees. Season for me now goes from four to ten months. Still in temporary housing, but that's okay because the boat will be here for me. If just me, I could not care less where I sleep at night or shower. We will put the house on the market in August as the boys are getting back in school. Hopefully, we will be reunited and relocated by end of year. Tried posting a couple of pics of the marina here on Lake Anna, but the manage attachments function is not cooperating. Promise to post pics of the lake as well as the new truck. All good.
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

congrats. wish I was going your way and not your old way
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten