Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    Mike,

In theory, yes, if the house bank is heavily depleted, the main cranking would try to equalize with the low house bank. But, the low voltage setting on the ACR will quickly be reached and the ACR will again open and isolate the banks. This bouncing/cycling will continue until the house bank reaches a level of charge to where the ACR stays combined.

So in actuality, the ACR will not combine a full battery and dead battery and stay combined, thus allowing the full battery to equalize with the dead. When the house bank is heavily depleted, rotating the switch to combine will circumvent the ACR, allowing the house bank to receive and steady charge from the alternator and getting back up as fast as possible. As long as the engine is running, equalizing will not be an issue, so if you stop again, switch off of COMBINE.
    That sounds better then i was understanding lol. Thanks man. I just know it took me 2 summers to get away from the old fasion switch isolator and now i will never go back. I loved the ACR i had and the no worries of it. Only thing i had to worry about was a circuit breaker getting bumped open and that bank going dead, normally my stereo would die in 5 hours or so LOL. Very embarrasing to be cranking it while your best bro is ripping it up on the wakeboard and half a dozen boats watching and your big monster stereo cuts out LOL.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

I knew all that, just thought I'd make sure you guys did! J/k, thanks for the explanation guys.
    To the OP Chawk, if you want install advice take some pics and we can go around on that for a while. Have you considered cables yet?
    -Jake

I am getting the cables tomorrow... are there special kind? I was just going to get standard battery cables.
    '08 Mobius LS. Sold
    '18 Craz "TypeO"
    REV10's, Revo6 xss, Kicker10, Kicker 12 CompR, various LED's

Quote Originally Posted by chawk610 View Post
    I am getting the cables tomorrow... are there special kind? I was just going to get standard battery cables.
    That will work, as long as there 2 gauge or larger. You can get different style that are easy to bend and manipulate.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

I got marine tinned from genuine dealz, not sure if it matters. You will need some cables for the ACR as well.
    -Jake

Well. probably not the most popular choice, but I went with the K.I.S.S. option (Keep it simple stupid). I think it is gonna work out well. I would like a cleaner look if anyone has any suggestions. These cables do not like to behave.
    20121117_150302.jpg
    '08 Mobius LS. Sold
    '18 Craz "TypeO"

try this again... LOL
    20121117_150302.jpg
    '08 Mobius LS. Sold
    '18 Craz "TypeO"

Quote Originally Posted by chawk610 View Post
    try this again... LOL
    20121117_150302.jpg
    great job!! but stand by for all the jokes about wires and mouses. I got kicked hard for my second battery install and the sad thing is I paid a shop to do mine. I like your set up but the stereo guru's will chime in soon enuff about all them wires!

sent from my home phone
    Jason

Go Hard or Go Home.......it's MOOMBA time!!

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

I can change it at will. I wan't sure if I should harness them all together or not. I really don't like the sloppy look.
    '08 Mobius LS. Sold
    '18 Craz "TypeO"

You need some terminal protection, someone is going to throw something metal in there and cause a short/fire.

Not sure but by law I think the battery needs to be in a box to contain the acid if broken?...Not sure about that one...

Correction terminal protection is required..
    Last edited by parrothd; 11-19-2012 at 12:23 PM.
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead