Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Plus a cover just makes the look a little cleaner.

I did mine similar to yours but pushed both batteries further in. That way I could run the wires straight down from the switch and back to the batteries. Mine don't run through the hole in the floor like yours but I think you could do the same and tuck them under the lip of the passenger helm support to keep them at bay. I think Al Cab acutally drilled holes through his support to feed the wires so he didn't have to run them underneath and be exposed.

Top cable goes to breaker and then to amp distro.
    Two smaller red cable coming in are from the batteries.
    Larger pink looking cable goes back to the starter.

I don't know if your batteries would crowd that front amp though. May get ugly - but hey, just move it! You didn't really think you were done yet did you? Now that you've thrown up what you've got all the other ideas will start popping up.

Time for a new amp rack...
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

I plan on a box... couldn't find one the other day for the #27 battery I am using. I def want to clean it up... Hey, I have all winter. Amp is next followed by LED speaker rings.
    '08 Mobius LS. Sold
    '18 Craz "TypeO"
    REV10's, Revo6 xss, Kicker10, Kicker 12 CompR, various LED's

I live in Bostic, NC. I normally boat on lake James in Marion, NC

hey as far as cabels go this is what im useing for my install this winter. they offer it in all kind of colors and size/ga and length idk if it helps. http://www.ebay.com/itm/280960337415...84.m1423.l2648 i also tried to buy as mush stuff that has a how would u say it. skrew tighting feature. so you need less crimps just keeps it eaiser imo. EX: amp use a alan skrew so does the distro block and the circuit breakers and the ring terminals to attach the cabel to batt
    2011 Xlv with 325hp and stock Gravity lll

I recently had a sub, amp and tower speakers installed at a local stereo shop. They do work on a lot of boats. I also had them install a switch (1, 2, Both, Off) and a second battery. I did not trace the wires to see how everything was hooked up.

I have power to everything in 1, 2 & both. I like this....just making sure there is nothing to be concerned about with it this way.

Also, I have not had a chance to take the boat out on the water but I hope there is no noise.
    Last edited by mparker2997; 07-09-2013 at 08:51 PM.
    2012 Moomba LSV

Default installing a second battery

MLA, you're in the Lake Wylie area correct? And you have a shop where you do installs? I'm interested in talking with you about installing a second battery setup with switch and ACR if you do that kind of thing.

We can take it offline through PMs but if I had your location wrong just correct me. We are moving to that area next week and I'd REALLY like to stop having to turn off my stereo switch after a bit for fear of draining my starting battery. I have the second battery and the switch, and it seems everyone likes the ACR addition so I'd have to pick one up.

Let me know.
    2008 Supra 21V-Currently For Sale

Quote Originally Posted by Cigars n scotch View Post
    MLA, you're in the Lake Wylie area correct? And you have a shop where you do installs? I'm interested in talking with you about installing a second battery setup with switch and ACR if you do that kind of thing.

We can take it offline through PMs but if I had your location wrong just correct me. We are moving to that area next week and I'd REALLY like to stop having to turn off my stereo switch after a bit for fear of draining my starting battery. I have the second battery and the switch, and it seems everyone likes the ACR addition so I'd have to pick one up.

Let me know.
    I'd be happy to work with you. Yes, im located 20 minutes from Buster Boyd bridge, juts over the NC line on 279.

We do a lot of dual battery banks, both with and without an ACR. For a typical system, I like the ACR setup as its passive/automatic. Turn the switch to ON when you hit the water, turn it back to OFF when you are leaving the water.

Shoot me a PM and I will give you my contact info.