• Barack Obama

6 23.08%
  • Mitt Romney

19 73.08%
  • Other

1 3.85%
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Cast your vote!

Why don't we just go to a national sales tax and call it good? It's odd that the country survived for over 100 years without an income tax

Sent from my iPhone newtys droid killer using Tapatalk
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Also Obama care is effed IMO because it forces everyone to participate in someway. Why not have limited federal government and let the states pick up in the lacking areas??? That way people can have a choice at least, if you want something earned by someone else go to California and if you want to be self reliant go to Texas. Making everyone in the country now to the 10 swing states choice is BS. Limited federal gov and give the power back to the states!

David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Possible PWI

David

Lol, came across this earlier and couldn't help it. I don't think either is a good example ....

Correct if I'm wrong but i was thinking it was pretty much common that the red states are larger users of federal assistance than blue states.

... Massachusetts would probably be a good example

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by KG's Supra24; 11-07-2012 at 09:48 PM.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    Why don't we just go to a national sales tax and call it good? It's odd that the country survived for over 100 years without an income tax

So I have been working lots of hours and just got back on the forms. Thanks guys for all the long posts. Made me have to read again. Now that we are on taxes David has it right. a simple 15% sales tax for Fed, State and Local split up 4% fed, 5% state and 6% local solves so many problems. no more income or property tax just the flat sales tax on all goods and services. Then there is no loop holes for people to open up. It also says if you want to spend your money on the high prices items you pay more. If you don't you don't. It is the most fair tax you can do. you want the third house at the lake then you pay your 15% on it and it is done.

Mays for President 2016. I might not tell you what you want to hear but it will at least be the truth.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

You would have to have good plan for controlling the value of the dollar, especially in a growing global economy. Ex: controlling person to person sales or keeping everyone from just bartering.

Id imagine it having a significant role on lending as well.

David, i agree with you on local government and find it interesting that neither Ryan or Romney carried their own state.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by KG's Supra24; 11-08-2012 at 08:28 AM.
    2016 Moomba Mojo

i would rather see them tax what you earn, not what you spend. a national sales tax will hit the lower income much harder than the ultra rich.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Steve forbes.. Steve forbes for prez...

with Flat tax KG and I would be out of a J.O.B....
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    LOL, I was thinking the same thing.

Also, income tax places a value on reinvestment into companies. There is no incentive for shareholders to not squeeze the workforce as tight as the can, which is where Romney's finance experience is. Since 2003, we have been giving them an incentive to pull cash out of companies.

Odd way of thinking about unemployment but follow me ... two extremes - 0% income tax on corporations means it makes sense to maximize profit bc you get to keep all the cash. 100% income tax on corporations it makes since to show as little income as possible bc they take it. One of a companies most variable expenses is employees ... you add employees you take away money that the government takes from you.
    2016 Moomba Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    Steve forbes.. Steve forbes for prez...

I'd vote for forbes, trump or buffett any day of the week. someone that understands finance/budgets and would not be afraid to call out congress for what they are. I picture The Donald walking into the senate, looking around and yelling "your all fired"... that would be classic...

sorry if you would be out a job on the tax thing, but our codes currently are so hosed and favor people with the ability to hire guys to find deductions that it's a joke. simplify the whole system and make it consistent...
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten