Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

1. Only twice all summer. Run dry saved me both times. Still want a red light somewhere on the dash by the gauges to indicate when on. Seems like an easy mod. Your switch location will be better then mine though.
    2.Didn't smoke a nitride impeller yet.
    3.Yes 90lbs./ minute

Current draw: I drained and filled with 3 puppies and the engine off 90% of the time. I have two batteries.

Daze: would you go rule 3800 or jabsco puppies if you were setting up a boat that's a few years or more old?
    -Jake

Oops you posted again!
    -Jake

Okay one vs other: the jabsco has run dry and comes with the hard to destroy green impeller. The Johnson pumps a little more water, people unhappy with Jabsco switched to Johnson and are happy. I haven't had any problems with the Jabsco so I can't speak on that.
    -Jake

Quote Originally Posted by beat taco View Post
    Daze: would you go rule 3800 or jabsco puppies if you were setting up a boat that's a few years or more old?
    not sure which way I would go, couple thoughts on it

I'd think the 3800 would fill all 3 bags at the same rate as 3 tsunami 1200's but you would need a super big pickup thruhull-like 2" or larger?. That single 3800 going into a stock gravity 3 manifold sure could be something to think about and be cheaper than redoing a system over to reversibles. But...

for me , it would be 6 tsunami's 1200's vrs 3 reversibles and after using both. I think for a simple, clean install, ease of use, easier to mount out of the way, the reversibles would win out.

The go big option - 3 3800's. Wicked fast but still would need all the oversized hardware, and this hardware takes up alot of room in a cramped area and the fittings on the bag are going to be a restriction of waterflow. That oversized hardware is super expensive compared to the 3/4" or even 1". But dang, with 3 3800's filling 3 bags the ballast could be full in 3 minutes or so.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze View Post
    I'd think the 3800 would fill all 3 bags at the same rate as 3 tsunami 1200's but you would need a super big pickup thruhull-like 2" or larger?. That single 3800 going into a stock gravity 3 manifold sure could be something to think about and be cheaper than redoing a system over to reversibles. But...
    I think if you tried to run this into the Stock 3 manifold then all you would do is reverse the pumps effect, all that water would be stuck at the small manifold. You would need to find a Manifold of the same diameter and hoses, other wise you would be wasting the 3800s effectiveness.

Your right you would need something like a 2inch hole in the bottom to supply water tot his pump. Sounds big but i had 5 holes in the bottom of Fierah.

1 2inch engine pick up
    1 2inch depth/ water temp puck
    2 1inch reversable pump pickups
    1 1inch Rule factory pump pickup
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

So does this sound feasable;

1. Two New Johnson 780 Reversible Ballast Pumps for the rear bags
    2. Apparently the green impellers also fit the Johnson pump, so keep one in the glove box
    3. Use the existing Rule plumbed to only the front center locker bag
    4. Change out the front center locker bag dump pump to a new 1100 or 1200 Aerator pump
    5. Five new switches - Three for the bags, one for the amps, one future (possibly a cross-over pump for the rears)
    6. Two new 750 sacs for the rear
    7. Possibly a new bag for the ski locker - all in at this point!

Bryan from WakeMakers said that the one-way valves and a tee wont work to dump the bags over the side, but unless the pump cant take about a foot and a half of head pressure it should work - and worth trying.

1. And to put in two new reversible pumps, will I need two new under the boat pickups? -- I don't mind drilling holes in my boats anymore!

Eric.

Yes the Reversables need there own threw hull pickups under the boat. Some guys i know have used 1 and put a T on it but this will hamper you if you are filling 1 rear bag while draining another, it also wont allow you to drain both bags at the same time.

I went with that thought and put a deddicated threw hull for each bag.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by EricU View Post
    all in at this point!

so the order is placed ?

sounds like a good plan and yes, drill 2 more holes in the bottom.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Quote Originally Posted by EricU View Post
    Ok, so after spending way too much time trying to figure out what to get so I can update my switches....

Anyway,

1. Two New Reversible Ballast Pumps for the rear bags
    2. Use the existing Rule plumbed to only the front center locker bag
    3. Change out the front center locker bag dump pump to a new 1100 or 1200 Aerator pump
    4. Five new switches - Three for the bags, one for the amps, one future (possibly a cross-over pump for the rears)
    5. Two new 750 sacs for the rear
    6. Possibly a new bag for the ski locker - all in at this point!

Bryan from WakeMasters sent a link to the WakeMAKERS.com Complete 640GPH Impeller Pump Ballast Kit (Jabsco Ballast Puppy) instead of the WakeMAKERS.com Complete 780GPH Impeller Pump Ballast Kit (Johnson Ultra Ballast)

• Is one pump better than the other?

Eric.
    No. Both are solid pumps. The difference in fill time between the two in a real world setup with a typical ballast sac will be measured in seconds. The Jabsco comes with a pre-wired switch, the Johnson does not. Neither is the wrong choice.

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    ...The Jabsco comes with a pre-wired switch...
    Does that mean that the pump has leads off of it?

Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze View Post
    so the order is placed ?
    Not yet, will do it today.

sounds like a good plan and yes, drill 2 more holes in the bottom.
    If I am drilling one hole, might as well drill two.

Eric.