Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Not sure how the x link could help fill the opposite bag when the source bag is empty? It would suck all air and doubt it will pull through the port pump.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    Not sure how the x link could help fill the opposite bag when the source bag is empty? It would suck all air and doubt it will pull through the port pump.
    Your not understanding how it works.

you have 1100 in the Regular bag ALL ready filled.

Now your Goofy Buddies want to Surf

You start filling Goofy
    You drain Reg
    At the same time the Reg is draining its also Being drained by the Cross pump and it fill what its draining from the Reg bag into the Goofy bag

It allows you to Switch from Reg to goofy very fast, or Goofy to Reg very fast.
    You still only have 1 fill for each 1100 from under the boat.
    You also still only have 1 drain for each bag under the boat, These are the same as you would have with a standard fill drain system.

The Cross over pump only helps you switch from 1 side to the other

You have 2 pumps to do the switch.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    Adding the extra ports is easy.
    Do you have a step by step procedure for this? On a 1100# bag I really don't want it to leak!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2010 MOOMBA LSV
    340 CAT
    ACME 1235
    3100#'s

True, but if you are starting from empty, and are REALLY impatient, I'm guessing you could run both pumps to fill both bags at the same time, and then also switch on the x-over pump to suck out of port and into the starboard side. (or vice versa)

As long as you let the bag get a little headstart in filling before you start doing the transfer I bet it would work.

Fill the surf side twice as fast? Hmmm.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Quote Originally Posted by KRAK View Post
    Do you have a step by step procedure for this? On a 1100# bag I really don't want it to leak!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have it outlined on the Tigeowner's site, but you will need to create an account to view the pics. Let me see if I can just copy/past the test and pic URL's over to here and re-post.

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    Your not understanding how it works.

you have 1100 in the Regular bag ALL ready filled.

Now your Goofy Buddies want to Surf

You start filling Goofy
    You drain Reg
    At the same time the Reg is draining its also Being drained by the Cross pump and it fill what its draining from the Reg bag into the Goofy bag

It allows you to Switch from Reg to goofy very fast, or Goofy to Reg very fast.
    You also still only have 1 drain for each bag under the boat, These are the same as you would have with a standard fill drain system.

The Cross over pump only helps you switch from 1 side to the other

You have 2 pumps to do the switch.
    Mike I understand the cross fill application, I thought somewhere in this thread it was being promoted to fill the goofy side faster from ground zero ballast. Berg may have something there fill and transfer at the same time... Hmmmmm..

Joe V
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    I have it outlined on the Tigeowner's site, but you will need to create an account to view the pics. Let me see if I can just copy/past the test and pic URL's over to here and re-post.
    I believe this is MLA authorship , but I have done one and it's easy peasy.

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....highlight=vent

Joe V
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Mike I understand the cross fill application, I thought somewhere in this thread it was being promoted to fill the goofy side faster from ground zero ballast. Berg may have something there fill and transfer at the same time... Hmmmmm..
    Ohh ok, no i wasnt trying to promote one side vs another LOL.

Yes Berg is correct on what his idea is and yes it would work. I wasnt going to bring that up till i could have a better descrition on it when i do real world testing. You can bet thats how ill be doing it LOL.
    Last edited by mmandley; 11-20-2012 at 11:58 AM.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

I believe this is MLA authorship , but I have done one and it's easy peasy.

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....highlight=vent
    Yep, thats it in a nutshell. Forgot I had posted that here.....March seems like forever ago!

Well that's cool to see you own work getting passed around the internet

This works great when a standard sac doesn't have enough fittings, such as if you wanted to do a dual-pump system or if the sac's ports just aren't in the best spot for your application once the sac is in an filled.

The Flow-Rite fittings come in both .75 and 1 inch 90* elbow and straight. Its an easy mod that can be done to any ballast sac, but there are a couple of tricks I have learned with the more I've done.

Adhesive: Rubber cement. Anything that's silicone based will stay pliable and can allow the fitting to slip under load.

Hole size: Round and I tend to find it requires about .125" dia larger then the dia of the threaded portion of the fitting for the flange to fit through.

Having the sac at room temp, or even warmed a little with a hair drier or heatgun on low. This helps to allow the sac to stretch so flange will slip through. I always test fit before applying the adhesive.

I like to inflate the sac while working on it. Some air will escape once the hole is cut, but it still make working easier then when done on a flat sac.

Use a small but sharp razor knife.

When you are ready to install the fitting, lay both the fitting and the flanged nut clamping surface up. Apply the cement to both. Slip the fitting into the hole. While holding it with one hand at the threads, drop the nut over the end of the fitting and start the threads a couple turns. Now move your hand to the end of the fitting and finish threading the nut down until it seats. Turn it hand tight then finish with a pair of slip-joint pliers and turn an additional 1/8 turn.

Top the sac off with air, cap the fitting with tape, then let it set to allow the cement to cure.

Let em know if any one has a specific question.

Hi guys,
    I'm new to this forum and have a 2002 Mobius V with the Hippo ballast system. It has the single fill pump connected to the manifold and solenoid valves which I'll be removing. Also the 3 separate drain pumps. I'm changing out the sacs and will be using the 1100's in the rear lockers. I'm also considering using the 1100 gravity games centre sac in the forward ski locker. I have Tsunami 1100 pump hooked up to the original thru hull and would like to use it just for filling the front bag. My plan is to then buy two more 1100's to fill the rear bags and I'm considering putting in separate thru hulls for each of these. I have a few questions regarding the parts and installation.

1) Can you get the rear bags with two drains in case I want to install a cross over system later?
    2) Can you use the existing 6 switches on the new set up?
    3) I thinking of keeping the existing drain pumps which are all Johnson 750's so I assume I'll need 3/4" fittings.
    4) I presently have two batteries in the port locker and I assume that these should be moved but where is the best place?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Dan