Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

How wide are your rear lockers?
    -Jake

Quote Originally Posted by beat taco View Post
    How wide are your rear lockers?
    About 24" wide, 48" long and 18" high

Eric

1100's are 24" wide, you got the bag specs right? 50L x 24W x 24H vs. 50L x 20W x 20H
    Not sure how much you surf?
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353267221.811007.jpg
    1100 not full, I can pop the hatch if I want! Here comes the reinforce the locker project
    -Jake

...Not sure how much you surf?
    We just got a wakeskate this last year and can get up on it no problem, can't let go of the rope. From reading the forum, we didn't have the boat loaded correctly and dont even know if we have the correct board!!

Our local boat shop closed down a few years ago when the ol man got cancer and his kids didnt want to take over the business (aggghhh!!!)

...1100 not full, I can pop the hatch if I want! Here comes the reinforce the locker project
    You guys are.....KILLING ME!!!..... where's the link?????

And do I need to relocate the hydraulic pump for the trim tab? It is just sitting at the back of my driver's side rear locker.

More zipper effect!!! this thing started with the OTHATTW switch covers and me wanting to relocate my switches!!!

Eric.

This is fun since its November and your money!
    My pylon looks like this:
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353280606.324488.jpg
    So I didn't need to reinforce the wall. I think Mandley did a write up on reinforcing his.

I surf the port side so I left the hydraulics where they were. In hindsight I felt like I could have easily moved it to the engine compartment, I'm getting plenty of weight on that side so I'm leaving it.
    Here's what I did:
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353280933.829343.jpg
    Very simple, one screw holds it to a stop I mounted on the side panel. It's carpeted marine plywood.
    -Jake

I put one on the other side too, obviously closer to the stern
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353281218.174623.jpg

Blurry but you get the idea
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353281273.379508.jpg
    -Jake

This is fun since its November and your money!
    My pylon looks like this:
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353280606.324488.jpg
    So I didn't need to reinforce the wall. I think Mandley did a write up on reinforcing his.
    Can't see the pylon, but is your reinforcement just plywoood?

Pretty easy to figure out the forces as it is just water weight from zero to 18" high (damn it being an engineer!!) Or just bolt in some carpeted plywood!!!

I surf the port side so I left the hydraulics where they were. In hindsight I felt like I could have easily moved it to the engine compartment, I'm getting plenty of weight on that side so I'm leaving it.
    Here's what I did:ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353280933.829343.jpgVery simple, one screw holds it to a stop I mounted on the side panel. It's carpeted marine plywood.
    We will be surfing both sides as we have both goofy (all of my family) and regular foot riders (freaks) and I ride switch

My hydraulic pump is in the same place as yours, you don't have any problems with your 1100 lb bags (zippppp...gotta have em now!, I can't wait til April hit here) hitting the pump? I guess my old bags probably hit it and just didnt notice.

BTW I am going to keep my old bags and use them as extra ballast at places like Bullard's Bar which is "All Glass, All the Time)

Eric.

The rectangular aluminum tube coming down at 45* supports my pylon, it looks like some boats don't have that setup and have added metal in that area to support the dividing wall. My boat didn't come with any dividers (used ) so I did make those out of marine plywood too.
    I replaced that hydraulic unit since the one that came in the boat didn't work. It would have been really simple to just move it, I just didn't think to. The bag still works fine in there up against my plywood.
    Yes keep the extra bags!
    -Jake

Looking good guys.

As for the bracing, you will only need to do it if the bags start to Flex your engine side panel. Mine had no bracing, and just a huge open access when you lowered the side panel so thats why i did the bracing. I know on the older boats the V drive isnt quite as deep and the bracing of the engine area changed over the years.

As for the hydraulic pump, as long os you have something covering it it will be fine. I just wouldnt let the bag rest on it.

You will be surprised how much pressure the 750-1100 bags can put on things. I have seen countless items bent or proken in friends boats where it got left in with the bag while filling.

As for you trying to surf, if you used a Wake Skate to surf then yea, unless your 100lbs you cant free rope it LOL. Wake Skates are a different animal all together and have very little boyancy compared to a Surfboard.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by EricU View Post
    About 24" wide, 48" long and 18" high

Eric
    Go 1100's! They'll fit but not fill quite full. Your compartments are almost identical size to mine only mine are around 44" long and the 1100's still work. Just gotta keep an eye on bunching up on the end when filling sometimes.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...