Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Schweeeettt!!!!!!!!!!!!
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Thanks looks great, what's the aluminum channel for? Circulation.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    I have to say with the way the amps are mounted, its so you can reach the adjustment controls. The amps vent threw the sides near the top
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

boy, some things never go smooth moddin.

dang stereo head unit wont stay on, will power up and then shuts off rapidly, like it lost power-very strange and not sure what the heck has happened. But i will never find out-disconected it completed and am now using the stereo power switch on the dash to turn on the Exile zld and amps, plugged my cell in to the zld with pandora playing and cranked her up. The factory KIcker speakers sound quite a bit better with the additional power. Love haveing the 4 dials to adjust the sound like a eq. Now i really cant wait to get the sub and towers installed along with the exile interior speakers.

bought a sheet of 3/4 birch plywood to make a sub box, anybody want to give me some measurements to get to the correct size needed. thinks its 1.3 for a sealed box.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

you got it, figured with all 3 amps being that close together and being in hot Florida it might not hurt to give them some air flow all the way around, not sure if it really is needed but I really dont want to ever redo a system again.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    Schweeeettt!!!!!!!!!!!!
    thanks....
    Hey, Its Moomba time

13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold

Check this, I have three measurements ,
    Dusty has one and Ian did one ll different shapes for the same driver.

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....ghlight=Custom
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze View Post
    ... and am now using the stereo power switch on the dash to turn on the Exile zld and amps, plugged my cell in to the zld with pandora playing and cranked her up. The factory KIcker speakers sound quite a bit better with the additional power. Love haveing the 4 dials to adjust the sound like a eq. Now i really cant wait to get the sub and towers installed along with the exile interior speakers.
    Nice job! Good looking install - Are you using the dash switch to kill the head unit which then kills the amps?

bought a sheet of 3/4 birch plywood to make a sub box, anybody want to give me some measurements to get to the correct size needed. thinks its 1.3 for a sealed box.
    What sub are you using?

I have a complete set of drawings including cut sheets for my W6 install --- Using a Qtc = 0.8, I got a net box volume of 1.31 cu. ft. and F3 = 40 hz, Gross volume = 1.4 cu. ft.

I can send you the complete set as a pdf, but that was for my old '02. Don't know if it will help with your install.

Eric.

Quote Originally Posted by EricU View Post
    Nice job! Good looking install - Are you using the dash switch to kill the head unit which then kills the amps?

What sub are you using?

I have a complete set of drawings including cut sheets for my W6 install --- Using a Qtc = 0.8, I got a net box volume of 1.31 cu. ft. and F3 = 40 hz, Gross volume = 1.4 cu. ft.

I can send you the complete set as a pdf, but that was for my old '02. Don't know if it will help with your install.

Eric.
    the head unit is completly removed from my system, it will never be used again as I took and conviscated its power wire and relocated it to the amp, we will only be using a Ipod or pandora. I'm also amazed at how much better it sounds not using the head unit-much cleaner sound.

sub --Exile 12", whole system is Exile, gotta all match ya know

Thanks I'll check out your drawings
    Hey, Its Moomba time

13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold

Check this, I have three measurements ,
    Dusty has one and Ian did one ll different shapes for the same driver.

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....ghlight=Custom
    Thanks Joe, #2 looks just like what I may end up doing--gotta measure the space available and see if that will work
    Hey, Its Moomba time

13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold