Thread: Moomba Heaters

Default Moomba Heaters

I have a 2014 Mondo. The heaters are not long enough for people (aka kids) in the cabin...it only reaches the bow. Has anyone modified their boat to have heaters in the main cabin? I know the mastercraft and others have these. Any crafty folks out there have ideas?!
    Moomba Mondo '14
    IBS 750 / Rear 900
    RAM 1500
    TESLA S85D

"Livin the dream"

Not sure where they are on the mondo, but here's an install on the LSV. Look at #10 to see where he mounted a tube in the main cabin.

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....ll-in-2006-LSV
    2008 Mobius LSV
    1100#er's in the lockers
    ski locker sac
    IBS
    Johnson reversibles
    3 vent heater (which my family loves)

Pickup a wye adapter , some hose and a hot tube to match and you will have to drill a new hole and mount the tube.

Here are some parts.

http://www.heatercraft.com/marine-heater-parts/
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

I agree I love the heater in our 14 Mojo but the location sucks to say the least. And how a bought a little love for the driver...
    -Mark
    14 Mojo - 72 hours and growing
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"

forgot to thank everyone for the replies. I have this on my list of "to-do's" during the off-season and might even ask the dealer to install them while they do the winterizing/maintenance so I don't have to bother, but I would love to have 1 in the main seating area in addition to the 2 in the bow, so at least I know it's possible.

Happy Riding!
    Moomba Mondo '14
    IBS 750 / Rear 900
    RAM 1500
    TESLA S85D

"Livin the dream"

***UPDATE***

just got off the phone with the Heater Craft guys, thanks to jmvotto and ninedriver for the ideas and source of the parts. I decided on the new 340 elite heater with 4 vents instead of adding an entirely separate heater. So now I can have the 2 existing for the bow, one for the main cabin starboard side, and how about a little love for the driver with a fixed one under the steering column.

For anyone interested, the folks at Heater Craft were super helpful, I was really impressed. I have my boat getting winterized early this year so I'm having my dealer install it over the next 3 weeks since I've got a pending knee surgery taking me out of the game for a while.

Happy to share pics afterwards for anyone interested.
    Moomba Mondo '14
    IBS 750 / Rear 900
    RAM 1500
    TESLA S85D

"Livin the dream"

Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyRunner View Post
    ***UPDATE***

just got off the phone with the Heater Craft guys, thanks to jmvotto and ninedriver for the ideas and source of the parts. I decided on the new 340 elite heater with 4 vents instead of adding an entirely separate heater. So now I can have the 2 existing for the bow, one for the main cabin starboard side, and how about a little love for the driver with a fixed one under the steering column.

For anyone interested, the folks at Heater Craft were super helpful, I was really impressed. I have my boat getting winterized early this year so I'm having my dealer install it over the next 3 weeks since I've got a pending knee surgery taking me out of the game for a while.

Happy to share pics afterwards for anyone interested.
    Let's go for the pics!!! I have a 2014 Mondo also...would like to had some heat near the driver area...
    Good luck with the surgery...let's us know how it goes....
    Sampp

2014 Mondo

Could be worst
    From nice Québec..

Quote Originally Posted by Sampp1963 View Post
    Let's go for the pics!!! I have a 2014 Mondo also...would like to had some heat near the driver area...
    Good luck with the surgery...let's us know how it goes....
    Sampp- I never replied with pictures, but better late than never. i didn't have time to remove the actual foot board to show the 4x1 heaters, but they all essentially look the same and it fit in the same place as my original heater. I had them install the vents just below the helm so the captain could get some love, and one just behind the captain's seat, taking up one of the cup holders. It was a sacrifice well worth it in the end, I've had no issues with kids tearing up the main heaters and they have more to share. Not to mention it's been nice to have a bit of heat myself on a chilly morning.

20150907_160215_resized.jpg20150907_160250_resized.jpg
    Moomba Mondo '14
    IBS 750 / Rear 900
    RAM 1500
    TESLA S85D

"Livin the dream"

Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyRunner View Post
    Sampp- I never replied with pictures, but better late than never. i didn't have time to remove the actual foot board to show the 4x1 heaters, but they all essentially look the same and it fit in the same place as my original heater. I had them install the vents just below the helm so the captain could get some love, and one just behind the captain's seat, taking up one of the cup holders. It was a sacrifice well worth it in the end, I've had no issues with kids tearing up the main heaters and they have more to share. Not to mention it's been nice to have a bit of heat myself on a chilly morning.

20150907_160215_resized.jpg20150907_160250_resized.jpg
    Thanks Whiskey..... Hope the knee is better...
    Sampp

2014 Mondo

Could be worst
    From nice Québec..