Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

latest shipment from Exile sent out today, all the power wires are on the way. back into the cubby i go to reopen the elbo rugburns that just healed up
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze View Post
    Joe, I did think about that and may still do it, but right now I didnt want to drill anymore holes than I needed, and I was one piece short. The panels do not lay flat either, they did on the 08.
    To get rid of the hinges, I picked up an 8' section of aluminum 1/2" by 1/2" by 1/2" channel from Menards and cut it in half so that I would have a piece for each side. Place it right along side of your aluminum angle which is already mounted. The panels fit perfectly into the channel with a snug fit. The channel thickness is only 1/16", but with the added angle next to it, it is more than sufficiant to hold the panels. I am currently adding more pumps and rear bags to my OBV, so I decided to do this at the same time since I already had the panels out. Very happy with the outcome. Please note that you will have to trim about an 1/8" to 3/16" off the bottom of the panels to accomodate the thickness of the channel and the screw heads.
    Joe

2014 LSV
    2010 Outback V - Sold
    1993 Echelon

FYI: You can buy aluminum plates and channel on ebay in a million different sizes. Do a search on your size. I bought "L" channel and a plate for my driver's seat and had them shipped directly to my door. 1 min. with a hacksaw and I was ready to go.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

kinda back at it, very slowly but got some little stuff done

finished a ballast line-remodified a little and shortened a vent line for the surfbag.

ran the positive main amp wire-ran it off the switch after the recommendation above since it has a voltage display
    Hey, Its Moomba time

13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Looks good!

dang stereo head unit wont stay on, will power up and then shuts off rapidly, like it lost power-very strange and not sure what the heck has happened.
    while working on the wiring I went ahead and hooked the head unit back up to see if it would work as someone commented a low battery could cause that and I remember having to use batt #2 to start the boat last time out, anyway it was a low battery, headunit works.

Thanks Mike Mandley for the troubleshooting help last night-sorry about the damm cell dropping the call, ended up changing the rca's to the rear output on the head unit, and making adjustments to the settings on the 2 amps and now the sub is pounding--had a empty beer can on the dash dancing and the overhead lights rattling. Freaking awesome.

that digital display on the distribution block is pretty cool
    Hey, Its Moomba time

13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold

Sweet man, glad to help, call or text anytime.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Is there any reason to do the reinforcement mod you are showing here for a 07 LSV? I upgraded the back bags to 1100's and have heard that you need to reinforce the engine side panels. I see that you did it but it looks like your boat is newer than mine. I have it all torn apart now so its a good time to get it done if its something that's recommended. Are there any write ups for this mod specifically.

Quote Originally Posted by chadjitsu1 View Post
    Is there any reason to do the reinforcement mod you are showing here for a 07 LSV? I upgraded the back bags to 1100's and have heard that you need to reinforce the engine side panels. I see that you did it but it looks like your boat is newer than mine. I have it all torn apart now so its a good time to get it done if its something that's recommended. Are there any write ups for this mod specifically.

if your running the 1100's then you will eventually bow the panels in, there not that strong when the heat of the motor and exhaust soften them up.

think Mmandley has a "how to" someplace in here, so far mine are working great
    Hey, Its Moomba time

13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold

if your running the 1100's then you will eventually bow the panels in, there not that strong when the heat of the motor and exhaust soften them up.

think Mmandley has a "how to" someplace in here, so far mine are working great
    https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....=bracing+drive
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]