Default 2007 LSV Vibration ?

So I have an 07 LSV and since owning the boat, but more recently, I have noticed a lot of vibration / grinding noise while surfing or pulling hard. I opened the engine compartment and it smells very gassy/oily/worked hard. I also noticed what almost sounded like a high pitch whistle noise while getting into the throttle. That noise almost sounds like a vacuum leak or like the engine is starving for air but I know its not.

I am worried about the Vdrive and transmission on the boat as well as the engine. The oil pressure is good and the engine never gets hot. I didnt know if anyone else heard that grinding / vibration while surfing their LSV. Hopefully someone can give me a little insight as to whats going on.

To start with, if you have the 325 Assult engine with the big black plastic cover, remove that and you should have a sound alluminum air filter looking object. It should be clean to the touch. If not remove it and use carb cleaner to spray it out. Thats essentially the air filter and flame arrestor in one.

Second look at your engine mounts, on the drivers side feel to the bottom and see if the washer is loose or the rubber on the top of the mount where the bolt head is is mushroomed. If so you need a new mount. Common issue on these boats.

This also a great time to check engine / trans v drive alignment with the drive shaft.

Thrid is if you have changed the trans and V drive fluid in a while then change it.

If all that is good and you still have concerns it might be worth a trip to the dealer for drive trane inspection.

Theres a great thread on how to replace the engine mount by DOCRS i think.
    Theres another great thread on how to check and align the drive system by Al Cab
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Thanks for the advice the engine mount sounds exactly like it might be the issue. I will look at it next weekend when I winterize the boat. I need to get it out and also make sure that the flame arrestor is clean too. I have not done a lot with this boat maintenance wise, I got it over the 4th weekend and changed the oil once and the prop shaft seal and that was it.

I did have a local supra/moomba marina change the prop shaft seal for me, they pulled the vdrive and put new seals in it, I would assume that they also checked the oil level after doing that. I would also assume that they also checked the alignment of everything. I took it to Atlanta Marine, I know a lot of the people in here have dealt with them and had positive experiences.

Thanks for the advice again

Sounds like it could be the OJ prop sounds. What prop do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by brain_rinse View Post
    Sounds like it could be the OJ prop sounds. What prop do you have?
    I would have listed that as a concern but he bought my 1627 prop so i know its not his prop =)
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]