Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    Love that bimini! That is what I want to go with - over the tower, strapless, duo color. Very sharp!
    We like it also, very happy with it. Doesn't look as "low" when on the water, but I can now stand up in the boat!! which comes in handy.

Now if I could only find a place to buy a towable cover! The guy that did my bimini for about $800 shot me a price of almost $2k!!!! I almost fell over!

Funny thing is I can get a cover for my suburban for less than $200 - That is quite a difference, guess there is a lot more Suburbans out there.

I don't blame you on wanting to lose the decals - heard those referred to as the "Barbie graphics" more than once. LOL
    It was pretty sharp in 1986!!

I got the boat so cheap with less than 200 hours on it (not anymore!) and was planning on just using it as a temp wakeboard boat until I could find a Natique this winter, but I ended up loving the way it rides so we are cleaning her up, already added a PerfectPass and a new stereo and of course the Bimini.

Eric.

Shop around - I have heard the same but found a guy who will do a custom towable, strapless cover for around $800 for me. He does mostly fishing boats but owns a Sanger - funny. This is a "its who you know" sort of deal though as my brother has been bringing his boats to the guy for the last 20 years. Average was more like $1200 at most places. Maybe scope out Evolution covers and see what they can do for you.

Curious if you can you tow on the road with the bimini out? At freeway speed?
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Shop around - I have heard the same but found a guy who will do a custom towable, strapless cover for around $800 for me. He does mostly fishing boats but owns a Sanger - funny. This is a "its who you know" sort of deal though as my brother has been bringing his boats to the guy for the last 20 years.
    What about your old fat bald long lost brother down in Northern California?????

Curious if you can you tow on the road with the bimini out? At freeway speed?
    All the time, I figure the cover doesn't know if its on the lake or a trailer though I pretty much keep it under 65, and if I am going more than an hour I will wrap it up. The guy didn't put any straps on the cover, which I thought was wierd, but it actually just sits right against the tower, but I am going to sew in a couple of straps just in case.

Funny thing is when we picked up the boat at the guy's shop, which is about an hour and a half south of me, he would NOT let the boat leave with the top up!!!

Eric

Quote Originally Posted by EricU View Post
    BKearney, Nice job, that is the kind of results that I am looking for.

Did you ever try to repair the gel coat scratches? I am sure I have a few as this summer was the year that I taught the kids how to launch and load the boat, with a few "mishaps"

Eric.
    I wet sanded a few of them, and the rest were so small I did not worry about it. I have one bad one, and it seems like I would need to spend about 50 to 100 dollars to match the color. And, TBH, since it sits below the water line I only ever see it in my driveway. From what I can tell, it would require new patch material, a dremal, and alot of wet sanding.
    2003 Mobius LSV Gravity Games
    Total Noob running 1100 in the center, 750s in the lockers.
    JL JX360/4 powering 6 Infinity 621m speakers

FYI That is the LSV not the MOBV the LSV is 20'8" and the MOBV i believe it 22' X"

The bimini is awesome any way to get some more pictures of it. I think that I am going to make something similar but I am going to make it snap to itself instead of the tower.
    -Mark
    14 Mojo - 72 hours and growing
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"

Quote Originally Posted by New Guy View Post
    ...The bimini is awesome any way to get some more pictures of it. I think that I am going to make something similar but I am going to make it snap to itself instead of the tower.
    Not until I pull it out of its garage to take it down for the new interior which I have not finished designing. Poor boat is just sitting in a garage with its tower and bimini down next to an old car.

I cant believe that I didnt take any more pics the last day we were out, but I was busy with GLASS all day - the water was surreal!!!

Eric.

Quote Originally Posted by EricU View Post
    I cant believe that I didnt take any more pics the last day we were out,
    The kids used to ask why I was taking pictures of the boat just sitting there sometimes.

"To help daddy get through the winter baby..."
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

The kids used to ask why I was taking pictures of the boat just sitting there sometimes.

"To help daddy get through the winter baby..."
    No kidding there! I am sitting here getting prepared to weather out one of our severe Northern California storms coming in on wednesday. Might even have to put long pants on, brutal - just brutal!!

Eric

Nice boat! I got my hi speed buffer for like $40 at harbor freight and picked up some wool pads from Oreilly Autoparts.
    This vid is great! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ke5kfYz9Ybw
    -Eric
    1998 Outback

Arr, I've never bought any power tool at Harbor Freight that I didn't want to take back. I bought a dual action polisher to do my boat with (probably just the step up from what you bought), and I hate it. It's basically an orbital-type polisher, because any time that it is in contact with the surface, it stops spinning. I also bought a scroll saw there one time that didn't work well at all.

If I had it to do over again, I would just buy the dual action porter cable. A lot of people seem to be very happy with it, and it might have made my 5 hour polishing job only take 2 hours (just finished that up this past Saturday).
    ===================================
    2005 Moomba Mobius LSV