Default When neutral isn't really neutral

Just bought a 92 outback and it runs really well and is a hoot to run around in. My problem is that when I shift into neutral, the prop still turns. Slowly, but it does cause the boat to want to creep forward. Is there an adjustment I can make to stop this? Thanks

I would follow the throttle cable back to the gear selector on the transmission and see if it has so much play in it that it is not selecting the correct neutral.
    2013 LSV
    2005 LSV - SOLD

Ahh so it is adjustable back there? Thanks!

I mean, something is telling the transmission to be in gear right? Just gotta figure out what it is. I'll bet any money the cable just needs to be adjusted. How many hours are on the boat?
    2013 LSV
    2005 LSV - SOLD

There are just under 600 hrs on it. I'll give it a good look and see if I can adjust it.

Did you ever get a resolution to this problem as mine was doing it as well and I was told that it was the clutches in the transmission. Hopefully there is an easier fix!
    Lake Bound
    2002 Moomba Outback LS
    Indmar, Carb

did you fix the problem? It may.be the pressure plate. When the pressure plate fatigues it will try to.creep foward.
    04 outback LS

I'm sorry, I haven't logged in here since I put the boat in storage for the winter. Now that spring is here again, not that you could tell by the weather, it's time to start getting the boats ready. The pressure plate sounds like a logical direction to go. Any thoughts on where to purchase trans parts?

Quote Originally Posted by Wake life View Post
    did you fix the problem? It may.be the pressure plate. When the pressure plate fatigues it will try to.creep foward.