Default OZ tower cable adjustment when lowered down

My tower, when in the down position was too high for the garage-the rope attachment point was about 1 inch to high.

1st step-remove all driver side seat cusions.

Grab a small vise grip pliers and a 7/16 box end wrench and a flashlight.

lift tower up all the way or support it partially so the cable is slack

Crawl into the drivers side rear storage area and lying on your back shimmy your way forwards twords the bow.

looking up, locate the cable end hangin down. there are two nuts, one above and one below the big washer. On the top washer lock the visegrips down on the nut-does not have to be supper tight, just tight enough to grip and not fall on your face. then reach up and loosen the lower nut. adjust both nuts(no tools needed) down or up and retighten both, reason for the vise grips it there is no way to get two hands up there. I had to do everything lefthanded. Little adjustment makes a big hight change for the tower. I moved the lower nut about a inch down and that resulted in about 4 inchs of tower change.

I know have 1inch for clearance, made at least a 2 inch adjustment.

hope this helps someone out.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Thanks for the info. When the tower is down to clear the garage door, is it tower resting on the steering column? What is your garage door height?

I think the purpose of the cable is to hold the tower up and off anything in the boat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

So, lemme get this straight. The cables support the tower in the "down" position. In this position it was still too tall for the garage door. You were able to adjust the "down" position so that it retracts a little further into the boat? So now it is still supported by the cables in the "down" position but just sits slightly lower? That right?
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

"standard" 7' garage doors.

Tower is resting about a inch above the dash, cable is holding all the weight
    Hey, Its Moomba time

13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    So now it is still supported by the cables in the "down" position but just sits slightly lower? That right?
    you got it.

I'll try and get some photos showing it if wanted
    Hey, Its Moomba time

13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold

Sure, a pic would be great!

The fear of not being able to fit a 2006 or later LSV into my garage (6' 11" opening, which I guess is the same size you're describing here) was why I ended up leaning toward a slightly smaller 2005 LSV.
    ===================================
    2005 Moomba Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by dhyams View Post
    Sure, a pic would be great!

The fear of not being able to fit a 2006 or later LSV into my garage.
    boy do I understand that fear. Ive had all 3 body style LSV's in the same garage

03 on a single axle fit with major room to spare with tower folded down
    08 on double torsion axle trailer fit, but the pivot point of the tower was litteraly touching the flap on the top of the garage door trim. I have pictures of this and will look for them also
    13 on double spring trailer now fits with room to spare

now all this is with the trailer hooked upto the truck so I could back it in.

I'll work on pics this weekend and get some door height measurements for ya.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold

I had to unhook mine and crank her all the way down to slip her under the door-- even had to flip the tower mirror upside down too. New house if we get it has 8 ft doors.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!