Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default winter upgrades started

first off, I realize that some of this is not relavent to boats on here, but if you're like me, you can appreciate any motorized machine getting upgraded
    so here we go...

adding more pumps, larger bag to regular side and a complete audio makeover. started with the ballast first. pulling the floor up took almost 2 days(working a few hours here and there) to completely strip the inside. all that remains are the 2 side cushions and the seatbacks. I'm convinced some of the guys building these boats are contortionists....

got the floor up and started working. boat came stock with 4 rule fill pumps-1 to each rear bag and 2 for the front ibs and same setup draining the system. replaced the regular rear pump with a tsunami and tee'ed off the goofy intake with another tsunami to the regular side. this gives me 2 fill using 1" hoses to the bag and 2 drains using 3/4". hard tank is still filled first off a 3/4 line from the regular rear tsunami then begins filling the bag. the end goal was dual lines all 1" to the bag. came out pretty good and tried to keep the look of the wiring factory.. drilling the hole in the hull this weekend for the additional drain and need to add the relays under the dash for the touchscreen to activate the system. trying not to add any switches-keep it as factory feeling as possible.
    thanks to MLA on here for the parts so far.. stereo starts next week when ballast is done..

'06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

awesome Sandm, I'll be watching this very closely and taking copious notes for my upgrades (gotta wait for the boat first ). Just to make sure I'm following were the stock pumps Johnson's, and then you replaced them with Rule 1100's, or is the pic not accurate?
    2006 Outback V - Gone
    2008 LSV - Gone
    2013 other brand

I was under the impression that johnson/rule were one in the same. they are the factory pumps. I did have to move one of the front pumps around.
    the original orientation was regular rear was in the back where the tsunami is, the tee'ed thru hull was one of the front pumps, the one closest to the gas tank is the other front and remained there. the other one that is running to the front on the drivers side was originally the goofy rear pump. I had to swap front/goofy with each other to get it all to fit.
    installing additional drain pump tomorrow. I'll snap a pic of the location of that one. had a hard time finding a location. it's real tight working in the back. I'm envious of the mojo lockers. they are massive and would be easy to work in ..

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    I was under the impression that johnson/rule were one in the same. they are the factory pumps. I did have to move one of the front pumps around.
    Rule pumps are airators as i understand and can be used to only as a fill or drain pump.
    Johnson / Jabsco are impeller pumps that fill drain as one pump.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

This is what I was referring to. Johnson makes aerator pumps in addition to impellar-driven pumps.

http://www.johnson-pump.com/jpmarine...atorpumps.html
    2006 Outback V - Gone
    2008 LSV - Gone
    2013 other brand

very cool, learn something all the time
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

they are johnson 1000gph pumps.

had to go look

Those red pumps are the OEM pumps and are the original design of Mayfair. Mayfair was absorbed my Johnson Controls a few years back and they have maintained the same Mayfair bilge and live-well pumps that now carry the Johnson name. On a side note, Rule and Jabsco are under the same parent company called Xylem Flow Control.

got a chance to work again today.

bag is all plumbed in. 2 tsunami pumps with 1" hoses should fill quickly. I swapped the fill/vent on the outside top of the bag per mike's advice as I had a little leakage out the vent when full..

location for the second pump. might need to replace it with a higher flow as it's pumping to the other side of the boat and has an uphill jaunt to get there.

and now for the hard part...
    drilling the new thru hull. went pretty good. I think..

finished results.