Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by lsvboombox View Post
    Yes thy are. Wakemakers sells them just as cheap as most others unless your buying a butt load
    I get them from Menards for $3.49 for 25 clamps
    2006 Outback V - Gone
    2008 LSV - Gone
    2013 other brand

Oh I'm not a big fan of bags all over and using the handheld pump (if possible). Was more fantasizing of how big of a custom sac you could fit back there to max out space available and the size of wave.

Just curious if you had done any testing before the install.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    I've thought about strapping one of the stock bags to the port seats or on top of the sun pad and the other under the bow cushion.
    Next summer lets do it. Lets go big tho-xtra 1100 on sunpad, 650 top of seat and a 650 on the bow seats.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Yep, did lots of testing and I only posted my FINAL install. I had a much different install originally with the port pump filling the 1,100 & 370, the center pump filling the center hard tank and the port pump filling the IBS. I didn't like the wave without any weight in the starboard side and seemed to get too much cavitation, so was throwing the tsunami over the side.

I also tried a setup with the port pump filling the 1,110 and the vent line off it spill into the 370 to fill it. This seemed to work fine for filling, but I couldn't get teh 370 to drain completely. That lead me to the current setup with the shortest, straightest run I could get from the pump to the 370. I haven't noticed any issues with having the fill hose for the 370 running under the 1,100.

I was going to put the directional Y in the locker or under the rear bench and run the IBS & starboard off the starboard pump, but the more I thought about it, the more I liked being in control from the driver's seat vs having to hop up and flip the valve(s).

In regards to a custom sac, Spencer and I went thru it and just weren't sure we could get much more weight back in there to justify the cost. I did buy a brick sac and am going to look at tying that into the port side leg of the IBS and have the brick located behind the observer's seat. I've also considered adding lead, but just not sure I want to put extra strain on the lift and I have no interest in loading/unloading lead all the time.
    Last edited by wolfeman131; 10-17-2012 at 02:15 PM.

Roger that. I like what you've done. I'd want to see the end result before committing to the cost of custom sacs.

I have zero storage room left when filled so am always interested in alternatives. Not even sure where to get lead around here, but don't have to worry about a sitting on a lift either.

After the other review and all your updates the Mojo is definitely starting to grow on me more and more. I need to get out in one!

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    . I need to get out in one!
    bring your checkbook and just stop off at the dealer on your way home from your ride and pick your colors.

2 things kept me from getting one. Garage door hight for storage, and our local lake, its just small and shallow. the Mojo is just 2 big for both, heck the LSV is pushing it.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Looks like I'm going to an 8 ft garage door next week. Hmmm.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

@kane, closing on a new house?

@wolfey, I've often thought about lead for up front, opinions one way or other? I also like Berg have no lift concerns, I trailer to my storage unit

sent from my home phone
    Jason

Go Hard or Go Home.......it's MOOMBA time!!

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

well, my thought on lead is that it's either in, or it's out. I'm not going to hassle with moving it in and out based on what we're wanting to do. So, why haul around a couple hundred extra pounds and burn more gas when you don't need the weight?

True - I kind of convince myself it would be like having a few extra people along for the day. I'd just leave it in the boat all day. Maybe move it from all on one side to spread evenly under the rear bags when we're done?