Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Default Re: Mojo Surf Ballast Setup

Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze View Post
    on my IBS install, I took the vent line from the infloor tank and cut it about 6" after coming up thru the floor infront of the driver, add a Tee fitting, one side of the T goes to the IBS lower port, the upper port goes to the vent thruhull on the side of the boat, this has a wakemakers inline check valve. On the other side of the T I ran a line up higher than the vent thruhull and added a spring check valve from Ace hardware or from Home depot-had it a few years and just don't remember where it came from. When the ibs is full it will flow out the vent thruhull. when empting the ibs will dang near drain 99%, then when the vacuum pressure hits a certain point the spring check valve will open and let the infloor tank drain about 90-95%, then when im on the ramp pulling the boat out I have my wife hit the empty to finish the job on all 3 bags as there is allways some water left. anyway this is how mine is and it seams to work pretty good-all automated, no valves to mess with. hope this helps, if any questions feel free to ask
    I am glad to see my spring check valve idea worked. I will be installing it in the near future.
    Joe

2014 LSV
    2010 Outback V - Sold
    1993 Echelon

Default Mojo Surf Ballast Setup

I just installed my 1100s with the check valves in the rear compartments but I didn't buy any additional ballast piping so I can only reach the rear vent on the bag and not the front. Is it necessary to reach the front vent location?
    Rusty

2013 Mojo

Nope, you should be ok.

Has anyone put a T in the center tank to IBS line in order to put a fill/drain on both legs of the IBS?
    I just struggle to see how all the water on the opposite side of the IBS is going to drain to the one leg.
    Rusty

2013 Mojo

You can try, but it will require you to drill a hole in the floor of that compartment. There are dozens of us that have done it off 1 leg without issue.

What did you ever decide about the check valve and the hard tank situation?
    Rusty

2013 Mojo

Once the IBS was fully drained, I would give the "AIR" fitting on the top center to relieve any vacuum pressure & finish draining the hard tank.