Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Oh don't worry, you WILL be present at the time of installation!

I am thinking about adding an additional pump though for the IBS. Not sure yet...We'll discuss later and decide what way I should go. I have both regular and goofy riders on my boat so I have to fill both sides.
    Last edited by E4NASH; 10-16-2012 at 04:51 PM.
    SOLD! 2011 Mobius LSV 325HP EFI
    Digital Cruise Pro, Wakeplate, Kenwood KM550U and KCA-RC107MR x2, Kicker ZXM700.5, Kicker 6.5 Cabins, 10'' Kicker CompVT sub, Wetsounds SYN 4, Wetsounds REV10s, Wetsounds WS420Q, Gravity VI Surf Ballast, Acme 537

Board: '12 LF Harley (Monster) 139
    Her Board: '11 Ronix Krush 128
    Kids Board: '13 Ronix Vision 120
    Skate: LF Faction 44
    Surf: LF Custom Quad & XXX

Tow Rig:
    2011 Toyota Tundra CrewMax TRD Magnetic Grey
    3/1 Truxx Lift, and some other stuff...

I wouldn't bother with the additional pump. I was set to put one in, but that light bulb went off above my head about the timing. For you, you're going to fill at least an 1,110 (probably plus a 370) off of a single pump. So, that's you baseline, if you will. What do you gain by adding a 4th pump to fill a 650 IBS? Nothing, IMO, except complexity & cost.

If it were me, I'd run the port side off one pump (1,470 lbs), the starboard off another (1,470 lbs) and your IBS (650 lbs) and center (not sure what you have, but I know it's not 820 lbs which is the delta between 1,470 & 650) off the 3rd pump.

Does that make sense? You don't gain any time filling the IBS off a dedicated pump. Your center & IBS will be full while you're still sitting around waiting on the 1,100/370 combo for whatever side you want to surf.

Now, you can get all fancy and set up Y valves to run 2 pumps into a side or to run from one side back to the other - which might be cool for you, but in the end, Moombadaze gave me the best advice before we started my project:

KEEP IT SIMPLE.
    Last edited by wolfeman131; 10-16-2012 at 08:39 PM.

How well does the IBS drain in this setup? Looks like it might leave quite a bit of water in the port side of the bag the way you have it seutp.
    2011 Mobius LSV

Ron

Nope, not a drop. With the check valve installed, it drains completely flat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

How long does it take to fill the 1100 and the tube sac?

I have some darn goofy foot riders so I'm wondering how long it takes to switch..
    Last edited by parrothd; 10-16-2012 at 07:50 PM.
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    I wouldn't bother with the additional pump. I was set to put one in, but that light bulb went off above my head about the timing. For you, you're going to fill at least an 1,110 (probably plus a 370) off of a single pump. So, that's you baseline, if you will. What do you gain by adding a 4th pump to fill a 650 IBS? Nothing, IMO, except complexity & cost.

If it were me, I'd run the post side off one pump (1,470 lbs), the starboard off another (1,470 lbs) and your IBS (650 lbs) and center (not sure what you have, but I know it's not 820 lbs which is the delta between 1,470 & 650) off the 3rd pump.

Does that make sense? You don't gain any time filling the IBS off a dedicated pump. Your center & IBS will be full while you're still sitting around waiting on the 1,100/370 combo for whatever side you want to surf.

Now, you can get all fancy and set up Y valves to run 2 pumps into a side or to run from one side back to the other - which might be cool for you, but in the end, Moombadaze gave me the best advice before we started my project:

KEEP IT SIMPLE.
    This was my thinking as well. No need to run an extra reversible pump to service an ibs. Unless you are going to y valve it and let it share duties on another bag. I have three pumps and only surf regular so i put a y valave on the goofy pump and have 2 pumps filling the 1100 pounder. I also have a couple of other bags i use a over the side pump to fill.

if I was riding with several goofy and had to switch back and forth, I would install the transfer pump setup that wakemakers installed in ragboy's boat. you are now filling one side, draining one side and also transferring water from side to side. you can now also use that same setup to effectively double your drain times when done as you drain one, transfer to the other side and drain that side as well. I like wolfe's "keep it simple" mantra from daze, but this really makes sense and only adds a single pump, some fittings, no thru-hulls and a single switch to change directions.

I can't attest to it's speed, but have heard they are switching sides with 1100's in under 5 minutes.

glad we're all regular
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

I think my timer for the 1,100/370 combo is set at 12 1/2 min, but I prefer to have the water spill out the vent to know the bags are full vs the gauge on the dash. You can hear the difference in the pumps and/or air bubbles hitting the hull to know when to shut them off.

I have heard the X-link from wakemakers cuts the time in half to switch. But, it still takes the same time to fill the first time. At $290, you need to really value that 5 min. I'd rather spend that cash on beer and use that 5 min to enjoy a cold one.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    I have heard the X-link from wakemakers cuts the time in half to switch. But, it still takes the same time to fill the first time. At $290, you need to really value that 5 min. I'd rather spend that cash on beer and use that 5 min to enjoy a cold one.

We do this with the tsunami pumps and work well, could probably plumb/reuse my tsunami pumps when I install my new setup with reversible...
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead