Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Default Mojo Surf Ballast Setup

Calling now.

Thanks Drew.
    2013 MOJO

Quote Originally Posted by NateHaskovec View Post
    Just to remind you, if you put a check valve on the ibs vent and you have a hard tank, the hard tank won't drain.

You need air to get in the tank to pump it down.

Either a backwards check valve or a vacuum breaker needs to be on the vent line close to the tank.
    That's right !! That's why my center hard + IBS are full when only 60% is displayed !! In fact, my tank never drain... But I don't understand where you want to put an other valve...

The following link is a fix for the center hard tank and IBS draining problem.

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....202#post199202

The spring loaded check valve acts as a vacuum breaker.

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....411#post208411
    Last edited by jstenger; 09-02-2013 at 06:32 PM.
    Joe

2014 LSV
    2010 Outback V - Sold
    1993 Echelon

Any idea on where and exactly what spring loaded check valve or vacuum breaker to get?
    Rusty

2013 Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by rbeckner27 View Post
    Any idea on where and exactly what spring loaded check valve or vacuum breaker to get?
    Ever find the answer to your question? I'm curious as well.

So I've got the shopping cart ready and waiting. Can you guys tell me if there is anything else I need for the IBS install in a '13 LSV? I think I've got everything covered. Thanks for all the help!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2013 LSV

Was told Home Depot but i haven't checked yet.
    Rusty

2013 Mojo

I plan on using this plastic spring check valve as long as the threads match when I install an IBS in my new LSV.

http://www.doitbest.com/Main.aspx?Pa...=435808#online

It is available on EBAY and Amazon also.
    Joe

2014 LSV
    2010 Outback V - Sold
    1993 Echelon

on my IBS install, I took the vent line from the infloor tank and cut it about 6" after coming up thru the floor infront of the driver, add a Tee fitting, one side of the T goes to the IBS lower port, the upper port goes to the vent thruhull on the side of the boat, this has a wakemakers inline check valve. On the other side of the T I ran a line up higher than the vent thruhull and added a spring check valve from Ace hardware or from Home depot-had it a few years and just don't remember where it came from. When the ibs is full it will flow out the vent thruhull. when empting the ibs will dang near drain 99%, then when the vacuum pressure hits a certain point the spring check valve will open and let the infloor tank drain about 90-95%, then when im on the ramp pulling the boat out I have my wife hit the empty to finish the job on all 3 bags as there is allways some water left. anyway this is how mine is and it seams to work pretty good-all automated, no valves to mess with. hope this helps, if any questions feel free to ask
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

hitboost, not sure where your planning to use the Bosworth valve, other than that your shopping list looks good
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart