Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Thanks Drew, I am gonna need to get on this can't wait to have that extra hidden ballast up front.

RE speedo readings, I found the same...both the digital and the analog speedos were off by at least 2MPH. The digital was easy to reset (just dig into the menu...I seem to recall I had to be moving to make the adjustment). Spoke with my dealer just yesterday about adjusting the analog speedo and he said there's a silver knob behind the ignition switch for adjusting that. My boat is at the lake 2 hours south, so haven't be able to confirm that yet, but will this weekend.

Note: be sure you're not on moving water (e.g. river) when setting your speedos via GPS.

If it helps, we have the 345 surf engine and the larger ACME prop and have NO Problem getting out of the hole with 2200 pounds of ballast and a boat full of peeps and gear. For us, depending on the size of the board and the surfer, we get the best wake (port side) going between 10mph and 10.7mph, usually with ~half a wake plate. We fill an 1,100 lb bag in the port locker, 500lbs in the center tank, and 650lbs IBS in the nose (none in the starboard locker). This seems to give us the best wake. But we're new to it this year, so I'm VERY open to suggestions for making it better!

Steve
    2013 Mojo

Default Mojo Surf Ballast Setup

Just to remind you, if you put a check valve on the ibs vent and you have a hard tank, the hard tank won't drain.

You need air to get in the tank to pump it down.

Either a backwards check valve or a vacuum breaker needs to be on the vent line close to the tank.
    Nate

2008 XLV GG (sold)
    2013 LSV

btw, regarding the Wake Plate: I've had trouble all year with the Wake Plate resetting itself randomly. And occasionally the dial arm goes all the way around(!!). Dealer replaced the power control module and that didn't do it. Dealer told me this week he's spoken with Skiers Choice about it at length and they have been having similar problems elsewhere...and THINK they know now what's been causing it...and should be sending out a new service bulletin about it shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by slingo View Post
    btw, regarding the Wake Plate: I've had trouble all year with the Wake Plate resetting itself randomly. And occasionally the dial arm goes all the way around(!!). Dealer replaced the power control module and that didn't do it. Dealer told me this week he's spoken with Skiers Choice about it at length and they have been having similar problems elsewhere...and THINK they know now what's been causing it...and should be sending out a new service bulletin about it shortly.

same issue here
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze View Post
    same issue here
    x3 on the wakeplate issue.
    Nate

2008 XLV GG (sold)
    2013 LSV

Quote Originally Posted by NateHaskovec View Post
    x3 on the wakeplate issue.
    Having the same issue,
    Add to it
    my boat will randomly stall when we goto idle position
    It also has issues with actually turning on the pumps, dash says they are running and filling or draining but aren't.

Next week they are replacing PCM. They said it effects all those issues.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

So the wakeplate, digital dash, and engine are all controlled by the PCM?

I would think they would use a standard ECM and have the other components using stand-alone circuitry...
    Nate

2008 XLV GG (sold)
    2013 LSV

Quote Originally Posted by NateHaskovec View Post
    So the wakeplate, digital dash, and engine are all controlled by the PCM?

I would think they would use a standard ECM and have the other components using stand-alone circuitry...
    im not positive, im pretty sure the engine is on an ecm and the rest of the boat is pcm, dealer said my ballast, dash readings, and wake plate are all a result of a bad pcm
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Default Mojo Surf Ballast Setup

Can someone with mojo ibs call me. Trying to get this bag piped in so I can make the meet tomorrow.

817-819-5146
    2013 MOJO