Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by gurt View Post
    Hy, I could wakesurf without problem with the ballast full (~3k) but I had some vibrations and the boat was not really able to go faster than wakesurf speed. The wave look better with the ACME prop (or it is psychologic...)
    I don't think you'll want to go much faster with wake surf setup (boat lean). What's your RPM at surf speed. We just ran 5k this weekend and want to get a different prop because RPMs were around 34-3500. I would like to keep it around 3000 RPM under load.

Also some additional weight in the front may help you plain easier. We run a total of 2000k in our bow.
    2012 Mojo
    2009 LS (SOLD!!!)
    2010 Tundra 5.7 Crewmax 4X4

Quote Originally Posted by Salyers View Post
    I don't think you'll want to go much faster with wake surf setup (boat lean). What's your RPM at surf speed. We just ran 5k this weekend and want to get a different prop because RPMs were around 34-3500. I would like to keep it around 3000 RPM under load.

Also some additional weight in the front may help you plain easier. We run a total of 2000k in our bow.

I have had my boat up on plane with surf ballast full--very strange driving to say the least with it leaned over.

id think trying to prop your rpms to 3k running 5k ballast is not so good. you want to prop it so you can reach your upper rpm range at top speed. there is a thread on here from Enginenut--he is the indmar guru about this
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Does anyone have a picture of the ibs full in the front of the MOJO???

Pretty impressive! Cant wait to do this to my 13 LSV, pretty motivated now after seeing this.

Quote Originally Posted by gisepi View Post
    What type of picture? Just the IBS bag or the nose of the boat in the water?

As you add more weight the RPM will go up due to the engine working harder to maintain speed. My engine runs pretty consistent 2900-3100 for surfing depending on the speed and side of the boat we are surfing and people on board.

Goofy side is pretty dead on 2900 every time, Regular varies due to who is riding, some like it faster some like it slower.

Along with what Drew mentioned on proping, your boat due to max RPM its also important to pay attention to cavitation, when this happens it will feel like the boat is loosing forward traction, almost skipping, very similar to you spinning your tires at a stop light in your car.

If this is happening pretty consistently then you need a larger prop.

When we are surfing with 7+ people < general size of our crew this year > we are starting to get cavitation. Thinking about moving up to the 2079 but not sure yet.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

When I purchased the IBS kit they told me how to pipe it in and I took notes and made a schematic. However that is all at the office and I am home trying to put this together tonight.

I have 2 tee's and a check valve.

I assume they wanted me to install a tee on the center tank fill line and run the third side of the tee to the fill of the bow sack. Then install the second tee in the center tank overfill line and tie the overfill for the new bow sack.

So where should the check valve go? Put in the overfill between the tee and the boat hull? Or install it between the tee and the new bow sack?
    2013 MOJO

Default Mojo Surf Ballast Setup

I pretty much followed Gurt's schematic.

I left about an 8" lead coming from the TH by cutting the pipe there. This is where I installed the check valve. Coming out of the check valve, I had another short lead, then a Y. The main leg went to the check valve, one end to the vent of the IBS, and the other to the port on the bosworth for when I don't want to fill the IBS.

At least i think that's how I did it. Again, I followed the very good schematic that was posted.
    Matt
    2012 LSV

He did not sell me the Bosworth. Said I did not need it. I think I need to install the check valve between the tee and the TH. I did not get it done tonight. I got the rear bags out, but dumped a lot of water in the boat when I did it. So the boat is opened up tonight airing out. I will call them tomorrow and double check. Looks like I will be trying to complete it on Wednesday night and Thursday night. Then head out to Bethy Friday morning.

I did get all the Allen screws tightened on the rack.
    2013 MOJO

Default Re: Mojo Surf Ballast Setup

Quote Originally Posted by gisepi View Post

Port leg

Default Mojo Surf Ballast Setup

A bosworth valve isn't needed IF you always want the IBS full. I thought there might be times when we only wanted the center full.

If you don't want the bosworth, you don't need any tees. Run the center vent line directly into the IBS and run the IBS vent to the thru hull. Put the check valve on the vent line. Make sense? Should be a very easy install - like 10 min/1 beer. The center vent is just ahead of the drivers footrest.