Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

First off, Great info here... Thanks for the detail.
    I just took delivery of my new MOJO (2012 model) last week. I am just getting to know the boat and being new to surfing, thought it was OK but nothing like the picture in this thread. I guess I don't know what I am missing yet...

I am getting back to the lake next week and plan on some upgrading right away but I have a few questions. Please excuse the ignorance but I am literally just one week into this sport.

Why add the check valves in the vents, better for complete drain?
    On the Wakemakers site they only refer to the MOJO in the 2013 section, I assume this is where I should be looking and its the Fly high 50x24x24?

I am planning to ease into the mods but thought I would start with an 1100 in the port locker (no goofy surfers yet), 400 in the stock starboard locker, fill the hard tank and perhaps use the stock port bag up front. The way its set up stock I am seeing big changes just from me moving from the drivers seat to the back and letting my wife take the wheel. Can I assume that with this full upgrade set up the wake is more resilient to change as 180 pound passengers move around?

THANKS,

Default Mojo Surf Ballast Setup

Quote Originally Posted by trmaggie98 View Post
    I saw the post where you installed the additional ballast, but doing so reduces all your storage for bumpers, towels, anchor, life jackets, etc... or am I missing something?
    Throw the traditional bumpers away or on Craigslist and buy some hippity hop balls or the ones from Exile. Deflate when not in use and they store easy. You can fit a weeks worth of towels behind the observers seat along with life jackets req'd by authorities. Other jackets under rear seat and/or over ski pylon. Box anchor, emergency tow rope, paddle all fit alongside IBS in starboard bow area. Boards in racks and you can even store some on top of whatever side you're not surfing on. Throw the soft side cooler behind drivers seat and snacks under observers seat.

Quote Originally Posted by WHMOJO View Post
    Why add the check valves in the vents, better for complete drain?

On the Wakemakers site they only refer to the MOJO in the 2013 section, I assume this is where I should be looking and its the Fly high 50x24x24?

I am planning to ease into the mods but thought I would start with an 1100 in the port locker (no goofy surfers yet), 400 in the stock starboard locker, fill the hard tank and perhaps use the stock port bag up front. The way its set up stock I am seeing big changes just from me moving from the drivers seat to the back and letting my wife take the wheel. Can I assume that with this full upgrade set up the wake is more resilient to change as 180 pound passengers move around?

THANKS,
    Congrats on the new ride!

Check valves prevent air from entering system so back get drained flat or "raisin" as in they look like a raisin.

This is the bag:

http://www.wakemakers.com/fly-high-jumbo-surf-sac.html

Spend the extra $$ and get a color that compliments your boat.

Your plan to use the stock bag in the bow (under the filler cushion, if you have one) will work fine to start. You'll eventually like having the IBS and bag plumbed in so you dont have to mess with a portable pump, IMO.

Moving 180 lbs will still make a difference, just not as dramatic.

Have fun, post up some pics of your progress!

Thanks! I am going to grab one of those bags locally if i can find one in stock. Also, it would be nice to raisin those bags as currently I end up lifting one end in order to drain the water into the pump when it starts making noise.
    On another note, is it worth trying to support the inner wall of the locker to prevent bowing in towards the engine compartment? Even with the small bag mine is bowed in...

I will let you know how it works and take some pics....
    2012 Mojo2.5
    Ballast:
    1100 surf side
    400 goofy side
    500 under floor
    725 IBS
    260 bow floor
    (The more spotters the better)
    Acme1235

I haven't reinforced mine and they have bowed, just not enough for me to care. Yet. I would do it if you get the 1,100

follow these steps:
    https://forum.moomba.com/showt...013-mod-thread

Matt
    2012 LSV

Ok, picked up an 1100 and a tsunami pump. I hear you on the full plumb in, and i will get there, but i dont mind having the pump around until then.

As soon as i pulled away from the store, i thought i should have grabbed TWO 1100's then i can use both the stock bags up front. I guess I'm going back.

Two more questions:
    1. I still need check valves..... I read above that they are 1" everywhere??? Is that correct? I thought i also read on another thread that they were 1"fill but 3/4" vent???
    2. Do you simply splice these in close to the TH?

Thanks,
    2012 Mojo2.5
    Ballast:
    1100 surf side
    400 goofy side
    500 under floor
    725 IBS
    260 bow floor
    Acme1235

In the 2012 its 1" for the front tank and 3/4" for the rear lockers
    2012 Mojo
    2009 LS (SOLD!!!)
    2010 Tundra 5.7 Crewmax 4X4

OK then....
    I have not seen the 3/4" check valves, only 1 and 1 1/8. Can i assume the 1" will work onto the vent line of the 2012 mojo rear bags? Derek, is this why you referenced your use of the hair dryer to assist in the fitment? If not, let me know if you have been able to source the 3/4 valves.

Also, i did some checking and realized i may have less stock ballast than i thought. GIII in 2012 was only 1250 which would make the rears 400 a piece ( thought they were 625 ea). Good news is i can daisy chain them for the bow. Other than a short hose, will i need more fittings or will the 1100's have the fittings i need? i plan to use the bottom fill ports for connecting them, so thats two 1" quick connects and cap the others as fill/drain ports....
    2012 Mojo2.5
    Ballast:
    1100 surf side
    400 goofy side
    500 under floor
    725 IBS
    260 bow floor
    Acme1235

I ordered my 3/4" valves along with everything else from wakemakers. http://www.wakemakers.com/wakeboard-...n-check-valves
    Matt
    2012 LSV