Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Is this real? Tige tail

I saw this on Facebook.

The post states that It is Tige's response to surfgate.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349830651.851570.jpg
    2018 Max with a little extra weight here and there

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18846

Seems like it would make the boat loud as sh!t
    Last edited by lsvboombox; 10-09-2012 at 09:13 PM.

Exhaust echo chamber. I guess they will have to do some from of a sideswipe exhaust. I could see this really trapping the CO2.

This is a new top secret technology. the boat you see is a test mule that was supposed to be covered.
    it's called a whale tail- named after the fashion faux-pas that some women present in public.
    it adjusts from side to side netting both the benefits of a trim tab and surfgate all in one..

'06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Robert says he can release more info on it tomorrow. It a prototype set up as Sandm mentioned above.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

If the whale tail is pushed down on one side further than the other I can see how it would shape the wave, create a deeper diving v shape, while extending the hulls running surface, and effectively lengthen the boat on one side creating the dog tracking effect that heavy ballast on one side of the average boat simulates.

I am not sure that the look of it dangling on the back would ever grow on me.

Or does it drop down at the leading edge and channel water through it like a huge wedge (Malibu style)?

And here I Was thinking that new fangled Ronix sac system was cool.

Let's see, that's 2 of the major manufacturers releasing surf-specific developments
    For their boats. How soon will the others follow?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

looks like a "ready to be snapped off" swim step to me.
    '08 Mobius LS. Sold
    '18 Craz "TypeO"
    REV10's, Revo6 xss, Kicker10, Kicker 12 CompR, various LED's

Here's the story friends.
    http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=795867

Today is a long time coming. We are finally in the final chapter of a process/story that has taken well over a year for us, and longer for Tige. If you don't remember or didn't see it we did a video this past November regarding the new Z3 and Tige's efforts to engineer the hull for wakesurfing. You can see it here:

http://youtu.be/bGQjpivMcy8

The gist of it is that they bought us out to texas to test several hull designs and help them build a great wakesurf boat. In the video, you will notice that we loved the wake, but we had 3 complaints. The curl was a bit big and even though the wake was long it would effectively shorten the pocket since it would grab your leg, their was too much spray at certain taps positions and it hindered the ability to use the full range of TAPS adjustability. We stated in the video that Tige was working on solving those things and even though we didn't see the device, they told us of it in general terms and we looked forward to trying it. They were very general due to patent issues and lawyers and all of those things that I have nothing to do with.

We went home and soon received our new Z3 and have loved it thoroughly. The plan was to have the device by the West Coast Wakesurf Open, to show off to everyone. That didn't happen and to bridge the gap we were using a mudflap on the boat to eliminate wash at every taps position. It worked pretty darn well, but was ugly as sin. I never showed pictures of it because it was always supposed to be temporary. Well we have been working with Tige and asking, no begging, to be able to get this device so that we could test and show it off at our Polar Bear event this coming weekend. Pretty cool that Tige is willing to take their only working prototype and allow a bunch of weekend warrior surfers give it a good rogering.

We got the boat back from Abilene, TX this past Thursday and tested Friday and Saturday with our family and buddy Dennis. When we first saw it, I though of something my little 7 year old says when she sees a lady with a large posterior. She says, "Check out the caboose on that thing!". Thinking of that I said out loud, this Boat Got Back, and we nicknamed the device the BGB until it has a real name. So what does it look like? I put together a video that will hopefully answer a bunch of your questions and is mastered in 1080P so you get a real good look. It is full of testing video of many riders, and I think you will be impressed by the shape and smoothness of the wake, along with its length, and amazing adjustibility. So here is the video, make sure you hit full screen and watch this one in its full 1080P glory. I hope you like it, and its informative.

As far as riding it, 25 lucky people will be riding it this weekend at Lake Oroville along with 4 or 5 other world class wakesurf boats, what a weekend!

So here are 2 flickr photo sets you can peruse. This first one is our normal weight setup we use all the time. Pro Stock Ballast plus about 600lbs extra in the surf corner.

Z3 with BGB - Normal Weight

Then there is the experiment we said we would do in the fall, add more weight. So we added 1100lbs in the center and it didn't break a sweat. The rub rail is still 4 inches from the water.

Z3 with BGB - Heavier Weight

Lastly, here are a few of my favorite pictures.

The BGB.

IMG_0580 by wake9, on Flickr

IMG_0589 by wake9, on Flickr

IMG_0605 by wake9, on Flickr

The bare wake, normal weight.

IMG_0611 by wake9, on Flickr

RJ loved the wake and loved the lip, the device didn't destroy the lip.

IMG_1971 by wake9, on Flickr

When the kids have a great wake with a great transition, they just get better. Check out Thomas bottom turn to slash.

IMG_3066 by wake9, on Flickr

IMG_3069 by wake9, on Flickr

This is with the extra weight, and the wake was big and beefy. RJ's board is 4'8".

IMG_3338 by wake9, on Flickr

This is a great shot because I am almost standing up and the wake still looks big. This is Allison, first season surfing.

IMG_3338 by wake9, on Flickr

I had RJ hold the camera REAL low so you can see the transition, super smooth. Allison is 5'8".

IMG_4485 by wake9, on Flickr

That's it for now, can't wait to spend more time with it. Hopefully you will see these at the boat shows.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]