Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

It's sad but it usually takes a couple of years before people figure out that the Jones's next door they are trying to keep up with haven't made a mortgage payment in 3 years. After they lose their house the picture gets a little clearer.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I can see some of what is being said here but also want to add a little.

Mojo definitely needs some more publicity but it comes with time. They also released it at the same time as a ton of other manufacturers rolled out their new models, even its big brother rolled out the SA which dwarfed some of the attention.

Numbers can definitely play into peoples decisions but not to the extent being talked about, at least in my opinion. 50k loan for 12 years is not a $25 difference from 75k at 15 years. It's a $130 difference monthly assuming a 5% interest. I also think Malibu holds its value just as well as or better than SC. People aren't comparing a Moomba to a Malibu, at least in my opinion.

I think the mentioning of the term and new boat is spot on like Kane mentioned. If you are financing a brand new boat for 12 to 15 years with little down you better have some magic dust to keep the boat from depreciating faster than your loan. I think that goes across the board for all manufacturers, though.

If I was SC, I'd be looking into sandm's comments.
    Last edited by KG's Supra24; 12-12-2012 at 05:03 PM.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

I was just making the point that people look at others and think, "Hey, if he can afford it I should certainly be able to." But, they don't see the whole picture. Some guys have built up equity over years of buying what they could afford, making payments, doing maintenance/improvements, selling right and buying right, etc. and have a boat that's paid for or a manageable payment on a late model one. Others are losing everything but you can't tell by looking.

My wife knows a lady driving a new SUV- her husband drives an expensive new car and they bought their kid a car--- the kid just turned 15. They take vacations all the time. They pay for expensive cheer/gymnastics lessons for their daughter. They wear the latest fashions. They live in fear of the day the knock on the door comes because they are $150k upside down in their house and haven't make a mortgage payment in over 2 years. They'll probably lose their house, file bankruptcy, maybe get divorced along the way. People wonder how they can afford all their stuff but the truth is they can't. But, tell that to the kids that see the daughter wearing all the right clothes. She's popular and has plenty of mall money. My kids' think their own parents are dumb compared to the rich Jones's. Oh well.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    They'll probably lose their house, file bankruptcy, maybe get divorced along the way.
    Then they let a few years pass and do it all over again.
    2016 Moomba Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post
    Then they let a few years pass and do it all over again.
    Isn't our system great!!!!
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Mojo definitely needs some more publicity but it comes with time. They also released it at the same time as a ton of other manufacturers rolled out their new models, even its big brother rolled out the SA which dwarfed some of the attention.

Numbers can definitely play into peoples decisions but not to the extent being talked about, at least in my opinion. 50k loan for 12 years is not a $25 difference from 75k at 15 years. It's a $130 difference monthly assuming a 5% interest. I also think Malibu holds its value just as well as or better than SC. People aren't comparing a Moomba to a Malibu, at least in my opinion.

I think the mentioning of the term and new boat is spot on like Kane mentioned. If you are financing a brand new boat for 12 to 15 years with little down you better have some magic dust to keep the boat from depreciating faster than your loan. I think that goes across the board for all manufacturers, though.

For the record wasn't trying to compare SC and Malibu exactly. Just my dealerships them both.

My reference to tugboat loan money is from what was offered when I went to evening with the stars.

My last boat loan was just under 400 a month.
    Looking to pull my next boat loan at apx 35% more then my last boat I expect my loan to about 525.
    Knowing what my next boat costs already unknowing the deal I was offered to buy a Malibu my payment would be 550 a month. The differences was 12 year loan vs a 20 year loan.

That was the point I was trying to make.

I also think if you research the Malibu resale value vs Moomba or Supra you will see the Malibu drops more in value the first couple years. I think this is the same reason MC drops in value. There is a lot more mark up in those boats then SC boats.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

For the record wasn't trying to compare SC and Malibu exactly. Just my dealership sells them both.

My reference to the loan money is from what was offered when I went to evening with the stars.

My last boat loan was just under 400 a month.
    Looking to pull my next boat loan at apx 35% more then my last boat I expect my loan to about 525.
    Knowing what my next boat costs already and knowing the deal I was offered to buy a Malibu my payment would be 550 a month. The differences was 12 year loan vs a 20 year loan.

That was the point I was trying to make.

I also think if you research the Malibu resale value vs Moomba or Supra you will see the Malibu drops more in value the first couple years. I think this is the same reason MC drops in value. There is a lot more mark up in those boats then SC boats.
    [COLOR="#696969"]

If they are loaning 20 years on a wakeboat i bet i buy my next boat from the same place i got mine , the bank.

Yea i can see the big 3 taking a bigger hit initially. In the used market, i feel bu holds a little stronger value. When you were shopping both, was one coming further off msrp than the other?

Didn't mean any hard feelings mike.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    2016 Moomba Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    My kids' think their own parents are dumb compared to the rich Jones's. Oh well.
    suffering thru this myself
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

If they are loaning 20 years on a wakeboat i bet i buy my next boat from the same place i got mine , the bank.

Yea i can see the big 3 taking a bigger hit initially. In the used market, i feel bu holds a little stronger value. When you were shopping both, was one coming further off msrp than the other?

Didn't mean any hard feelings mike.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    None taken bro, just didnt want to start a bashing thread LOL.

Yes both were comming off the MSRP about the same amount. I joking said to the Sales Manager when he asked if i considered the 23 LSV they had, i said sure i love the boat and the space, but its not really a surf hull and i dont think i want to invest 80K in a boat right now.

Then thats when he ran the numbers, i laughed saying uhh yea i dont want a 20 year loan eigher.

I agree with your point on Mojo comming out when other boat models were comming out last year, i dont really say i see the SA comming out as an issue though because it was a year later.

The Mojo was released in 11 for the 12 model year. I just dont see it being pushed to much. I think its more the fact that its easier to sell a 20 OBV to a new buyer, or the LSV to the family. Its easier on the wallet and doesnt require as large a tow vechicle.

The Mojo is huge looking when its on its trailer, and easily 10-15K more and when you reach that magical 65-75K boat range then Supra and Malibu comes into play.

This is the same reason we ended up in the LSV vs the OBV, other then the differences in the boat it was initially the price. The 2 were only 5K apart and so we said what the hell, 5K is only a couple bucks a month on the loan lets get the bigger model

I see this as a big problem with the Mojo and its competitors in the same price point, they are well known brands with long history's. Just makes people feel better when paying that monthly note that they got a Big Brand name.

This is where SC really has to step up the advertising of the Mojo and the dealers need to step up and TALK this boat up and share it more.

You walk into the Malibu dealer or the MC dealer or their areas at the boat show, they arnt telling me and showing me all about the boat, they say Its a Malibu, or a MC what else is there? You arnt worth the turd in the dirt if you dont have this brand.
    Last edited by mmandley; 12-13-2012 at 09:50 AM.
    [COLOR="#696969"]