Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Well that is a WHOLE lot better! I have not seen a 2013 yet I guess but that's a huge improvement! Now they just need to flatten the backrest out in the front a tad more and I'll put in my order!

Ha I wish (about being able to put in an order)

Sent from my iPhone newtys droid killer using Tapatalk
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    Truthfully id rather see SC move to the windshield forward design and give the extra room in the cabin.
    And the boatvan was born!
    -Jake

Why are there indents on either side of the bow on top of the fiberglass

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Flat surface to step on when boarding from the bow from an elevated surface such as a dock or pier

David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    Flat surface to step on when boarding from the bow from an elevated surface such as a dock or pier

Gotcha.should have sea dek or non slip something..
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

You can order a "non slip" pkg that puts material there, under the helm and along the gunwales. There may be another spot where it goes, but I can't remember.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hi guys...new to the forum, but in the process of negotiating for a 2013 Mojo and snooping for more info. REALLY enjoyed reading the thorough write up. Thanks for that. I'm excided to hear about the surfing possibilities with the Mojo, but as that won't be our primary activity, I've one note to pass on about the cross-over a.k.a family boat concept...won't mean diddly doo if you only surf, but some of you may find this useful:

My wife and I slalom ski really hard at dawn and dusk. (not on a course...we have buddies on a private ski lake for that. :->) The rest of the time we're on our hydrofoils hitting big air inverts. Naturally the wake requirements for these two things are always diametrically opposed. We wanted a bigger boat for hydrofoiling and wakeboaring, but weren't willing to sacrifice the slalom wake we were getting from our 2005 Moomba Outback (direct drive). I've tried skiing behind several larger V-drives, including a Supra 21V recently and didn't like it at all...no matter what we tried to make the wake softer and smaller, it sucked.

Enter the Mojo. My boat shop guy (also a Supra/Moomba rep) as been hearning me whine about this dilema for 8 years. Then late this summer he said..."hey, bring your skis over and try this new boat. I think you might like it." When he showed it to me and told me it was 22.5' (and looks like 25' on the trailer!) I litterally laughed. Surely he was yanking my chain!

He wasn't. We motored over to a quite, glassy cove, I jumped in, the line drew taught, the engine picked up and out I popped. Smooth, fast, and easy. (the 345hp upgrade "surf" engine works.) "OK, so far so good" I thought, but let's see about that wake." We were running 34mph, 15 off, zero ballast, plate down, and I'm 6'5", 200lbs. I pulled out wide left...lined up, then dug in hard and........foof foof. It was so smooth and soft I couldn't believe it. Back and forth, again and again. Amazingly it has a SUPER nice slalom wake using that setup. My wife (5'5" 125), a good recreational skier who's not a hard charger, had an equally enjoyable experience on her ski.

I spoke with the Moomba dealer up in Connecticut who is a hard core slalom skier and he told me he and his ski buds used the Mojo all summer and thought the best wake was actually at 28-off. Hard to believe, but there ya go.

Good surf wake, good foil/board wake, good slalom wake, good size, good price. What's not to like.

Oh, and I LOOOVE the nose. Totally bad a$$.

IMG_3362 sm.jpg

Awesome Slingo, and welcome to the forum. This forum absolutly needs more Mojo input.

I have been telling the SC reps, and upper people since last summer myself the Mojo is getting all the wrong press, its getting none really LOL. There isnt 1 single Mojo owner in the PNW. AWS is the only SC dealer in OR and WA almost all of 2012 and not a single Mojo was sold up here.

I really hope and expect as the new year comes the Mojo owners will step it up and talk more about there boats, the likes and what ever dislikes they might have. I for one spent a few hours in the Mojo and my thoughts were turned 180 on the boat for the better. Just all the press and things i have herd where weak on this boat.

I really love to hear people who own them, or rode behind them expressing there thoughts.

I think the Mojo has a lot to offer people, just most people dont know it.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

I don't think our dealer sold the yellow mojo they had from the boat show last spring. hate to say it, but the rep there is pushing axis pretty hard over moomba/supra. guessing since he's a salesman, the axis must have a better pay schedule.

guessing it'll get even worse as they just signed on as the cc dealer. now they sell skiers, bu/axis and cc. seems like some real territory crossing to me..
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    I don't think our dealer sold the yellow mojo they had from the boat show last spring. hate to say it, but the rep there is pushing axis pretty hard over moomba/supra. guessing since he's a salesman, the axis must have a better pay schedule.

guessing it'll get even worse as they just signed on as the cc dealer. now they sell skiers, bu/axis and cc. seems like some real territory crossing to me..
    Same story as AWS they had to seperate the boats to 2 different locations.

Beaverton Store sells SC boats, and Nautique
    Oregon City Store sells Malibu Axis and the used boats

I think the big problem is actaually the Loan terms.

Up to 50K you can only pull so many month loan on the boat 144 month is what i recall
    After 50K you can add up to 180 month loan.

This makes it so much easier to put people in 70 and 80K boats for what a 45-50K boat costs.

So being the normal consumer you think humm..for 500 a month i could get a Moomba thats really nice and has all the basic stuff i really need.

Or i can get a completly Blinged out Malibu and roll on the lake like im a baller for 525 a month..I choose Baller boat.

Now you go look at the Used boats for sale and you see 100+ Malibu's compared to the SC boats, this is because they dont hold any value unlike a SC boat does. But the average consumer doesnt think about this. This is the same problem we have with cars and most people being upside down in them and buying them on 6 and 7 year loans now.

This is the same thing that happened to the housing market, people kept refi the home to buy more stuff and when the market crashed they lost everything in the house because its worth 100K less but they have the double mortgage on it.
    Last edited by mmandley; 12-12-2012 at 01:20 PM.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]