Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
Nope, not going to agree. The XLV was the worst. While the Mojo was not designed as a slalom boat, I have had a high-level slalom skier behind a Mojo who stated it was "decent" for recreational skiing. Setup was zero ballast, crew towards/in bow and wakeplate 100% down at 34 mph.
Hi guys, late to this thread...but wanted to chime in on the slalom conversation. We have been running a 2005 Moomba Outback (direct drive) for years. We are big into hydrofoiling and some wakeboarding, but also are very strong recreational skiers that want the least possible wake for those dawn and dusk runs across the glass. I'd tried a few "cross over" boats, but never found one that I thought had a wake that was "at least as good as my Outback"...in a price range I would even remotely consider. (Most recently I'd tried slalom skiing behind a Supra 21V and it was awful--not a cross-over, but I wanted to try it anyway. I knew it would be bad, but was surprised at HOW bad.)

End of 2012, I got talked into taking a set behind a Mojo. I'd spoken with the SC dealer up in Connecticut who skied on a Mojo all summer and loved it. He and his buds were big time slalom skiers in former lives and he told me they they had a blast skiing behind the Mojo, and found the wake to be especially sweet at 22 or 28 off. So I decided to give it a try.

When I finally saw it I literally laughed out loud thinking it must be a joke that such a large boat (looks especially huge on the trailer) could produce a respectable slalom wake. But I was way wrong. Zero ballast, Plate down, 15-off, 34mph, Acme 14" prop, and the wake was excellent! Every bit as good as our Outback direct drive. Maybe better. It wasn't that it was visibly "small", but it was so aerated that it was very soft and buttery and had very little launch or impact. We frickin' LOVED it and ordered one immediately. Arrives from factory in April. Can't wait!