Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

As Kane and Moombadaze said, you only know half the picture most of the times, the kids only see stuff. We all did that once upon a time, or most of us.
    Yes the days of $100K boats and a 20 year loan are done for me. Really like the 5 year plan and pay it off, then Ill upgrade. Tired of paying the bank. In 4 years I hope to have a new to me 2013 or 2014 Mojo or LSV.

I think some of the justification for boat $$ comes from location and season. It would be really tough to justify a $100k boat up here where the season is short. Even $80k. $60k? Even if I were walking down the street with $$ falling out of my pockets, that's a big chunk of change to sit idle (taunting you) 8-9 months of the year.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

If wakeboat prices rely on 20 year terms ... bubble bubble bubble pop. Would be interesting to know how much of the new market was purchased with 15-20 year loans ... even more interesting if it was broken down by manufacturer.

New owners need to start the Mojo advertising .... pics!!!!
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

I love the Mojo, its a great wake boat and amazing surf boat but I find it really hard to believe that someone is touting it as a good Slalom boat. I skied it for the first time this past summer and was going wake to wake (in the air) on the slalom ski when cutting across. I don't have a lot to compare it too, but the other skiers with 20 plus years experience said the wake was huge for slalom and I agree. I mean of course you can ski it but it wasn't what i would call ideal. But really, isn't there a ton of crossover boats already and isn't the Mojo geared at Wake/Surf?
    Levi
    Former owner of a 08 Mobuis XLV, Cat340, 2650 Lbs.
    I miss that boat!

I think you need to empty the ballast.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Empty the ballast? Ok, let's just agree that the Mojo is the best surf boat made by Moomba and the worst slalom boat ever made by Moomba. I understand promoting the boat you own and such but I would not agree that the mojo is a "great" crossover and is designed for skiing. That's more what the LSV and specifically the Outback are for. Just my opinion.
    Levi
    I miss that boat!

Quote Originally Posted by 501 View Post
    Ok, let's just agree that the Mojo is the best surf boat made by Moomba and the worst slalom boat ever made by Moomba.
    Nope, not going to agree. The XLV was the worst. While the Mojo was not designed as a slalom boat, I have had a high-level slalom skier behind a Mojo who stated it was "decent" for recreational skiing. Setup was zero ballast, crew towards/in bow and wakeplate 100% down at 34 mph.

When you next see the sun & the ice off your lake, run Gisepi's like above and see what you think.

Wolfeman, You may be correct, my old XLV had a bad Slalom wake too, but i considered it to be the right on par with the Mojo, no better no worse. I should have said "currently" instead of "ever". So we can agree it's the worst slalom wake of all the current Moombas, but the best Surf Wave. here are some pics at Slalom speed.

IMG_1222.jpgIMG_1235.jpg
    Levi
    I miss that boat!

I can't say what most people do, but I can say what I did. I would not consider a boat I had to finance for a long period of time. I have a monthly payment on my slip at the marina, my cabin at the lake, and don't even get me started on the hundreds of dollars every month from May through September that go into the fuel tank. Last thing I wanted was to have a monthly payment on top of all that. I bought a used 2001 Moomba LS in 2007 because it was a good, well-cared for used boat that had low hours and I could afford it without a lengthy loan. It served me well. I just bought a brand new boat at the end of this summer. I shopped every brand I could get my hands on to compare, and price was very much a consideration. Value was an even bigger consideration. I shopped and compared all brands before deciding I felt happy buying new in the lower price segment. I strongly considered the Mojo and think it packs a lot of value. But the price was high enough I was surprised to find that it did have some competition from other brands, too. IMO, to stay relevant in the market, SC needs to keep making good products like the Mojo and delivering them at a price where it only makes too much sense to ignore the extra bling on the MC / Nautiques. The main thing it needs to do is what it has been doing, and be careful of price creep that starts to put it into the realm of more expensive boats. When you get up around $60k there are lots of nice wakeboats you can buy if you can negotiate a little. At least that's what I found.

Quote Originally Posted by volfo View Post
    I can't say what most people do, but I can say what I did. I would not consider a boat I had to finance for a long period of time. I have a monthly payment on my slip at the marina, my cabin at the lake, and don't even get me started on the hundreds of dollars every month from May through September that go into the fuel tank. Last thing I wanted was to have a monthly payment on top of all that. I bought a used 2001 Moomba LS in 2007 because it was a good, well-cared for used boat that had low hours and I could afford it without a lengthy loan. It served me well. I just bought a brand new boat at the end of this summer. I shopped every brand I could get my hands on to compare, and price was very much a consideration. Value was an even bigger consideration. I shopped and compared all brands before deciding I felt happy buying new in the lower price segment. I strongly considered the Mojo and think it packs a lot of value. But the price was high enough I was surprised to find that it did have some competition from other brands, too. IMO, to stay relevant in the market, SC needs to keep making good products like the Mojo and delivering them at a price where it only makes too much sense to ignore the extra bling on the MC / Nautiques. The main thing it needs to do is what it has been doing, and be careful of price creep that starts to put it into the realm of more expensive boats. When you get up around $60k there are lots of nice wakeboats you can buy if you can negotiate a little. At least that's what I found.
    So what did you buy?
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold