Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Being that you just came out of the SA recently ... I gotta ask. Is there anything to compare between the two? Does the interior and finish justify the price difference?
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

While you didn't direct his at me, I'll answer anyway . . . .

Yes, the SA is simply decked out with "more." More billet, the Supra VISION system, more intricate vinyl patterns/stiching, better factory audio system, nicer switches, power driver's seat, flip up/hinged seats, etc.

The SA rides a lot different, too. The hull design allows that boat to ride like it's on rails with very little list/lean even when loaded and/or making hard turns.

But, the BIG question is: is it worth it?

That, my friend, is all in the eye of the beholder.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    But, the BIG question is: is it worth it?

That, my friend, is all in the eye of the beholder.
    Very true. It does sound like they are different, not just in finish but performance as well.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    The idea of the big now in my min is to allow two to three adults to sit up there, leaning against the front looking back at the rider.
    This is one of the biggest complaints I had with the Supreme 226 Surf edition -they are sloped so if you even tried to sit like this you slide down into the middle in a pile or end up laying almost flat looking up at the sky. At least with the Mojo it's an easy fix!
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

I see some comparison between the two but its not things that matter to most.

As Drew said, he hit the nail on the head with the differences.

The other thing you have to remember is the SA 450 is almost a 10K engine upgrade.

As for the boat its self, the bow are simular in space, the interior is actaully bigger feeling in the Mojo for a 22.5 boat, this i think is in part because the SA has a section behind the drivers seat that has a trash can in it and that takes up space.

Free board in the interior of the SA is on par with the Mojo, the hinged seats and materials the seats are made from are higher end in the Supra. This should be expected but its not to take away that the mojo isnt nice because its very nice. I think its nicer then my LSV interior as for quality.

The Tower on the SA is extreamly stout and dont move at all. The Prototype tower on the Mojo is just the same, stout doesnt move at all. SOOO much nicer then the factory tower on the Mojo. I as well as Shane are really hopping SC will move to the Skylon tower on the they had on the Mojo i was in.

i complained about the swim deck on the Mojo rattling already, well it appears theres an optional fix. It might have been on the Mojo and i missed it but i saw it on the 2013 LSV.

The LSV brackets have 4 screw in pins that apply pressure on the swim deck to stop the rattling. They made dog ears on the boat side of the bracket and added the screw in pins there. Very nice to see them attempting something to fix the rattling. Also this bracket looks identicle to the older ones and looks like a item you can buy and upgrade your brackets with.

Another thing different is the SA is a throttle by wire, not cable. The SA is just a servo sending a signal, much like the modern gas peddel in a car.

The Mojo is still a cable running back to the engine to control throttle so it feels heavier and not as advanced as the SA.

Lastly the Supra line is getting Metal Flake added this year, the Moomba line is not. I dont like this as the Metal Flake really sets the boat off and almost all the boat manufactures are using this and it really makes the boat pop and sparkle on the water.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    Another thing different is the SA is a throttle by wire, not cable. The SA is just a servo sending a signal, much like the modern gas peddel in a car.

The Mojo is still a cable running back to the engine to control throttle so it feels heavier and not as advanced as the SA.
    Did you like the feel of the TBW? I kind of like the tension in the cable system. My buddy's Malibu is TBW and touchy as hell to drive.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    Did you like the feel of the TBW? I kind of like the tension in the cable system. My buddy's Malibu is TBW and touchy as hell to drive.
    isn't the cable just to engage the transmission? The throttle should be all electronic, no?
    2006 Outback V - Gone
    2008 LSV - Gone
    2013 other brand

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    Honestly i like both. I think the cable system is better for new people to learn on because its not as sinsitive. I know each time i get in a new boat im super gently with the throttle till i figure it out.

Neigher option would be a deal breaker to me.

I can say that i really liked the power seat in the SA, not a must to me but i liked it. Claudia LOVED IT as well as the heated seat. For her its a nice novelty option and not a deal breaker.

The rotating seat as standard now in Mojo and i believe all Moombas is a sweet upgrade.
    [COLOR="#696969"]

I am sure you could add a seat heater pad for not too much $$$ to any seat. I think the heater pads are about $100 then you would some wiring and switches. Removal and reinstall o the seat vinyl would be DIY for some and a trip to an upholstery shop for others.
    2018 Max with a little extra weight here and there

Quote Originally Posted by mnpracing View Post
    isn't the cable just to engage the transmission? The throttle should be all electronic, no?
    Honestly im not positive. I want to say no, the cable not only engages the trans but it also controls the throttle butterfly on the intake. I only say this because its the same tension threw the entire travel but im really not positive.

I have driven a few boats that have tight spots in the reverse and forward sections just after its in gear in order to add throttle and this makes me lean to being a cable to control engine rpm as well.

I will look in my boat today when i go switch some of the ballast around for the new owner. I have to remove 2 450 bags, 2 Y valves, and relocate the fill lines to the 900 bags lol. I roll deeper then the new owner wants to LOL.
    [COLOR="#696969"]