Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    Nope, not going to agree. The XLV was the worst. While the Mojo was not designed as a slalom boat, I have had a high-level slalom skier behind a Mojo who stated it was "decent" for recreational skiing. Setup was zero ballast, crew towards/in bow and wakeplate 100% down at 34 mph.
    Hi guys, late to this thread...but wanted to chime in on the slalom conversation. We have been running a 2005 Moomba Outback (direct drive) for years. We are big into hydrofoiling and some wakeboarding, but also are very strong recreational skiers that want the least possible wake for those dawn and dusk runs across the glass. I'd tried a few "cross over" boats, but never found one that I thought had a wake that was "at least as good as my Outback"...in a price range I would even remotely consider. (Most recently I'd tried slalom skiing behind a Supra 21V and it was awful--not a cross-over, but I wanted to try it anyway. I knew it would be bad, but was surprised at HOW bad.)

End of 2012, I got talked into taking a set behind a Mojo. I'd spoken with the SC dealer up in Connecticut who skied on a Mojo all summer and loved it. He and his buds were big time slalom skiers in former lives and he told me they they had a blast skiing behind the Mojo, and found the wake to be especially sweet at 22 or 28 off. So I decided to give it a try.

When I finally saw it I literally laughed out loud thinking it must be a joke that such a large boat (looks especially huge on the trailer) could produce a respectable slalom wake. But I was way wrong. Zero ballast, Plate down, 15-off, 34mph, Acme 14" prop, and the wake was excellent! Every bit as good as our Outback direct drive. Maybe better. It wasn't that it was visibly "small", but it was so aerated that it was very soft and buttery and had very little launch or impact. We frickin' LOVED it and ordered one immediately. Arrives from factory in April. Can't wait!

OK, I just noticed that I'd posted a similar comment on this exact thread back in December! DOH. Age is a b!tch.

Quote Originally Posted by slingo View Post
    Every bit as good as our Outback direct drive. Maybe better.
    what? seriously? can you take a video and post it? that's it I have to shred behind this thing!
    2021 Malibu 23 LSV
    2008 OBV-Sold!
    2001 Ski Nautique closed bow-slalom course only!
    attracted to shiny things that float

I don't know ......... that's hard to believe?

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Wow....I'm pleasantly surprised and hope that holds true for the new LSV as well. I was afraid I was going to have to beg for pulls from my buddy with a DD this summer. But than again, his gas always seems to 'work' better for slaloming.....So, I may stick to my original story!
    2013 Mobius LSV
    2004 Centurion T5

Quote Originally Posted by Boatdrinks797 View Post
    Wow....I'm pleasantly surprised and hope that holds true for the new LSV as well. I was afraid I was going to have to beg for pulls from my buddy with a DD this summer. But than again, his gas always seems to 'work' better for slaloming.....So, I may stick to my original story!
    the new LSV wake should not be any different than the last one. hulls are the same from the rub rail down
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

I have seen a decent ski wake from a big ole tri hull boat. I think if you take a big hull and get it moving it can ride high enough out of the water that the wake is kind of small. Obviously, this is comparative and you have to have a little speed though. With today's hulls and lighter materials I'm not all that surprised though.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    I have seen a decent ski wake from a big ole tri hull boat. I think if you take a big hull and get it moving it can ride high enough out of the water that the wake is kind of small. Obviously, this is comparative and you have to have a little speed though. With today's hulls and lighter materials I'm not all that surprised though.
    I agree, with the size increase and relatively low weight increase over the LSV you just spread that weight out over a greater surface area and it doesnt displace as deeply as a 21.5 ft boat would the same weight
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    Man what's the world coming to??

Sent from my iPhone newtys droid killer using Tapatalk
    I agree! All these things that are just a crutch for people who can't waterski!!!! lol
    2014 Centurion Carbon Pro

2004 Ski Nautique 196 LE - SOLD
    2004 Outback DD - SOLD
    1995 Supra TSM6 Comp - SOLD

2017 - 67" Radar Lithium Vapor Pro Build w/ Radar Vapor Boa Bindings

Stay STACKED & Pull HARD!!!

So what you are saying is Moomba's 3900 lb 22.5ft Flagship Surf/Wake Boat produces an as good or better slalom wake than their premier Direct Drive 2800lb, 20.5 foot Slalom boat? I am kind of surprised more of the Otback fans aren't questioning this.........

If someone told me that the an Outback DD produced an as good or better Surf Wave and Wakeboad wake than a Mojo I would definitley have to question it.

Quote Originally Posted by slingo View Post
    Hi guys, late to this thread...but wanted to chime in on the slalom conversation. We have been running a 2005 Moomba Outback (direct drive) for years. We are big into hydrofoiling and some wakeboarding, but also are very strong recreational skiers that want the least possible wake for those dawn and dusk runs across the glass. I'd tried a few "cross over" boats, but never found one that I thought had a wake that was "at least as good as my Outback"...in a price range I would even remotely consider. (Most recently I'd tried slalom skiing behind a Supra 21V and it was awful--not a cross-over, but I wanted to try it anyway. I knew it would be bad, but was surprised at HOW bad.)

End of 2012, I got talked into taking a set behind a Mojo. I'd spoken with the SC dealer up in Connecticut who skied on a Mojo all summer and loved it. He and his buds were big time slalom skiers in former lives and he told me they they had a blast skiing behind the Mojo, and found the wake to be especially sweet at 22 or 28 off. So I decided to give it a try.

When I finally saw it I literally laughed out loud thinking it must be a joke that such a large boat (looks especially huge on the trailer) could produce a respectable slalom wake. But I was way wrong. Zero ballast, Plate down, 15-off, 34mph, Acme 14" prop, and the wake was excellent! Every bit as good as our Outback direct drive. Maybe better. It wasn't that it was visibly "small", but it was so aerated that it was very soft and buttery and had very little launch or impact. We frickin' LOVED it and ordered one immediately. Arrives from factory in April. Can't wait!
    Levi
    Former owner of a 08 Mobuis XLV, Cat340, 2650 Lbs.
    I miss that boat!