Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

uploadfromtaptalk1350066280148.jpg

Getting ready to pull rcas and such from the zld
    2013 LSV
    2005 LSV - SOLD

So I pulled all the rcas and ground power remote for zld plus the speaker wire for the sub. Now I'll go from where I have them to where the amps will be. uploadfromtaptalk1350068426499.jpg
    2013 LSV
    2005 LSV - SOLD

I was curious about your routing with the molded flooring.... now I see, shorter then around the front.

I assume a sub replacement for the factory sub, is it free air?... The SA has a backing around the factory sub.
    Last edited by mcdye; 10-12-2012 at 03:31 PM.
    2014 Mojo Surf
    2013 Mojo Sold
    2010 LSV Sold
    2002 OB LSV Sold

I'm gonna do a sealed sub. I'll make it look stock, but there will be a sealed enclosure behind it.
    2013 LSV
    2005 LSV - SOLD

uploadfromtaptalk1350071027766.jpg
    All wires pulled. Just need to do some tidying up under the floor.
    2013 LSV
    2005 LSV - SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by lewisb13 View Post
    I think I'm undecided on this issue. I might blow up the stockers first. I kind of want so see how far they can be pushed compared to the db651 I had in my 05. I'll do them eventually for sure.
    I first had db651's in my boat, the Exile blow them away.

Chase's LSV had the stock Kickers for a few weeks, they sounded terrible, but that was without an amp - I didn't try them out with power, so I can't speak to that.
    2013 Outback V

Quote Originally Posted by lewisb13 View Post
    uploadfromtaptalk1350066280148.jpg

Getting ready to pull rcas and such from the zld
    Curious why you chose this route instead of through the bow? If you look there are actually clips in the hull to zip tie the wires up out of sight - I believe this is the factory routing. It might have been a little easier, and will certainly avoid any noise issues associated with running the RCAs over/around the fuel pump. Just food for thought incase you run into noise issues.
    2013 Outback V

Ever heard a honda civic with a big coffee can tailpipe rev up compared to a ferarri?

I'm jealous of that channel to route wires under the floor. So much nicer than having to drill, tuck and hide while you twist and contort your body into positions that would rival most Cirque du Soleil acts.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Quote Originally Posted by ian ashton View Post
    Curious why you chose this route instead of through the bow? If you look there are actually clips in the hull to zip tie the wires up out of sight - I believe this is the factory routing. It might have been a little easier, and will certainly avoid any noise issues associated with running the RCAs over/around the fuel pump. Just food for thought incase you run into noise issues.
    Well a couple reasons. I wanted all the runs to be short as possible. Granted the RCAs are 20 feet no matter what, everything else I believe to be much shorter wiring. I'd have to take a picture of where I routed the wires under the floor. I basically kept the wires in between the gas tank and the front ballast tank, a good 3-4 feet from the fuel pump.
    2013 LSV
    2005 LSV - SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by ian ashton View Post
    Yea what he said. Running rca's with power will likely cause noise issues.

Sent from my Duhroid

PWI as usual...