Default Opinion on buying Bimini

Just looking for some opinions/input from everyone on what some might consider a easy situation. I am about to buy a bimini for the boat(98 outback) but have somehow started looking at towers as well, lol. I have put some money in already this off season (new upholstery, speakers, seadek platform pad, and now soon bimini) so a tower was going to wait for maybe 1 or 2 off seasons. My worry is that if I get a bimini now then a tower, 1) will it look right? 2) do most towers fit right over the bimini no problem? Anyone have this set up maybe that can say the good or the bad? thanks for the inputs!

Brian

1998 Outback
    1998 Outback

From what i have seen, Towers down work with Bimini's on an originally non-towered boat. The way the tower mounts the standard bimini wont. Boats with towers have a bimini that mounts right to the tower.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

I had the factory Bimini on my 99 outback and then put a factory rad a cage tower obit 2 years later There were no issues. Before the tower I used a skylon pole over my ski pylon for extension and it doubled as a boom. There was a zipper in the Bimini for the pole to go thru as well. However I would get the tower first and big hat w sunscreen. .02
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

ya im thinking about the bimini right now because of the kids, they are 3 and 4 and all day on the lake is rough on them. then if they nap while were out(which happened a lot last year) i hate them sleeping in the sun like that. Nice to know that you had no issues thought! I would be doing the exact thing you used to do, with the pylon. we'll see i guess

Quote Originally Posted by DOCDRS View Post
    I had the factory Bimini on my 99 outback and then put a factory rad a cage tower obit 2 years later There were no issues. Before the tower I used a skylon pole over my ski pylon for extension and it doubled as a boom. There was a zipper in the Bimini for the pole to go thru as well. However I would get the tower first and big hat w sunscreen. .02
    1998 Outback

I had a few boats without a bimini, I'll never have another one without. IMO, a bimini is a must on a boat. Of course, I am older now and don't want all of that sun damage either. It just makes boating more enjoyable. Get it now. Who knows what will happen in a few years. If you get a tower later, cross that bridge then.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

Default Opinion on buying Bimini

Quote Originally Posted by maxpower220 View Post
    I had a few boats without a bimini, I'll never have another one without. IMO, a bimini is a must on a boat. Of course, I am older now and don't want all of that sun damage either. It just makes boating more enjoyable. Get it now. Who knows what will happen in a few years. If you get a tower later, cross that bridge then.
    Or you could move to Oregon where there is no threat of damage from sun exposure.

Ok - you need a bimini here 4 days a year.
    2018 Max with a little extra weight here and there

I have to side with Doctrs as tower first,then Bimini and have a pile of ball caps. HAHA. Our sun is not nearly as strong as way south so i can understand ,Maxpowers take as well.

With kids involved it may be more priority,maybe ,some kinda comprimise??? Personally ,the tower has more benefit ,but i really don't know your situation....Good luck
    07 Outback DD