Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

sounds like you don't really like the place David so it may be a good thing the sellers aren't budging. a home will be your biggest investment and you should instantly fall in love with it. don't wanna make a 100k + mistake

sent from my home phone
    Jason

Go Hard or Go Home.......it's MOOMBA time!!

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by jpetty3023 View Post
    sounds like you don't really like the place David so it may be a good thing the sellers aren't budging. a home will be your biggest investment and you should instantly fall in love with it. don't wanna make a 100k + mistake

sent from my home phone
    Sound advise man.

I know my first home i liked it but didnt love it. I had to look at it a couple times and then do a lot of bartering to get the deal that made me happy. In the end i was thinking Numbers the whole time.

After we moved in a did a lot of easy stuff, rewired the house, repainted everything ceiling to floor, new carpets in the entire house, new applinces, new hardware for the cabnets.

Later i removed the 2 single garage doors and had a custom built double garage door, then gutted the garage, rewired it, insulated all the walls, redrywalled it.

In the end i spend close to 30K on all the work i did.

I still never liked the house, the houseing market crashed and i lossed everything i invested. Sold the house at a loss just to get out of it.

The second house we had built im not IN LOVE with the house its self, but i was able to get all the things i wanted, huge garage, RV pad, nice front and back yard, nice colors, and a great floor plan for parties. My only real complaint is the bedrooms and bathrooms are smaller then i wanted.

Ill fix that with the next custom house.

I feel when you walk into a house that you want to buy it should WOW you in everyway. You should be willing to pay the full asking price. Just always start your offer 20% below the asking price and work it till your happy with the deal.

At your age, you will buy several homes, so get used to knowing exactly what you want and how to get it.

If the house doesnt have everything you want, write up a + - chart and give everything a value of 1-3 then use the end numbers to really see what house you want.

Also make the list of + - for you and Heidi and each fill them out seperatly without each others help.

This will also help you both understand whats really value added to each of you. You might be surprised what she thinks is really important to her and what you think is important to you.

I knew the garage and outside was to me, and i knew the dinning and kitchen were to Claudia. What i didnt relize is the bedrooms and bothrooms are important to me. I think she secretly figured out the garage and RV pad are important to her.

I know she loves parking in the garage, and she loves on boating days we come home back the boat onto the RV pad and we are done till the AM.

I love that too LOL
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Offering 20% under asking price? I think y'all are smokin crack. Unless your area is absolutely flooded with available properties. I'd be insulted with an offer like that if I were selling, distressed or otherwise.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    Offering 20% under asking price? I think y'all are smokin crack. Unless your area is absolutely flooded with available properties. I'd be insulted with an offer like that if I were selling, distressed or otherwise.
    OK maybe not 20% LOL. Guess im used to the amounts off i get for my vechicles and boats LOL

I know our new home was listed at 195K + 8K in closing costs.
    We paid 180 and no closing costs.

Thats 23K off and thats 11% savings. When numbers get to the 100K range the percentages are biger then they sound LOL
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    Depends on the market, motivation level of owner, appraised value of home, etc. And, as a buyer, I could give a crap if you're insulted b/c had you said "yes," then I got the deal I wanted. It's a buyer's market, David. Offer low & counter until you hit your threshold, then walk away to the next one. If you've found the house that you absolutely have to have, then fight a bit harder.

To Mike's point, be sure you include eveything in the deal. If you were @ 20% less than asking, but going to pay closing costs and take the house "as is," then that may not be as a bad deal for the seller vs paying asking price and they have to cover/make repairs and cover closing costs.

Lots of things to negotiate. Play the game well and you'll win.
    Last edited by wolfeman131; 12-07-2012 at 04:42 PM.

We keep getting told that by law the seller can only pay 3% of the homes value in closing??

Sent from my iPhone newtys droid killer using Tapatalk
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

unless law has changed in last 3 years that's a flat out lie.

sent from my home phone
    Jason

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

David are you working with a real estate agent? Are they telling you the 3% law?
    2011 Mobius LSV

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    We keep getting told that by law the seller can only pay 3% of the homes value in closing??

Sent from my iPhone newtys droid killer using Tapatalk
    Might be in TX or with lender you are using, but on a home I bought in GA less than 2 yrs ago, i negotiated the seller (the bank in this case) to pay 100% of the closing costs. Check around as I think you're being fed a line of crap.

correct wolfey. I closed 3 years ago and paid no closing costs. seller took it all!

sent from my home phone
    Jason

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV