Default Recommendations for Moomba

Hey Moomba designers.

For what it is worth I have a few recommendations.
    1. Depth finder should be installed in the dash where it is easy to see. I swapped my depth finder with my voltmeter. I know this has been brought up before.

2. Tower mounts and gelcoat cracks.
    a. make a sticker that outlines/ boarders the mount feet. The decal would not crack. It would take care of the unsightly gel coat cracks, at least hide them.

Jim Hagen might be able to come up with something for this.

3. I don't know if it would be possible but I think the flat mount tower mounts are a lot less likely to cause the stress cracks. Flat mount like you do on the XLV. Any chance you can flat mount on the LSV's.

I will be looking for the modifications on my, say 2009 or 2010 LSV.
    Bruce Fuerstenberg

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting...holy shit!...what a ride!

Default Replying to Topic 'Recommendations for Moomba'

One more,

The mounting brackets for the swimplatform should be wider, at least twice as wide and there should be a full plate in the inside of the hull.
    Bruce Fuerstenberg

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting...holy shit!...what a ride!

The tower mount should have the rubber washer inside the hull as well as outside.

The driver arm rest should have a small storage compartment with a sliding door for cell phone, camera and keys for all the stuff I never lock.

Oh, I have expected my heater to be destroyed by there constant use by 5-17 year old kids that have either never used them, or cannot sit still. The ends fall off when getting yanked around, but they snap back together and have held up very well. When you are out for that 7am water, and a 9 year old girl is shaking from the breeze after her run, the look on her face when you introduce her to heaters is priceless. I still think they look fragile and will be destroyed, but I’m still waiting.

SD2
    Naked red and white 2005 Moomba LSV
    Teaching my kids to Ride, Shoot Strait and Tell the Truth

I love the idea of the drivers armrest compartment. I think I will look at modifying mine this winter.

I would also like to see the stereo in the dash.
    Bruce Fuerstenberg

Yellowmobius,

Was switching out the depth gauge pretty simple? I have wanted to move the depth gauge and trim gauge, but don't know the first thing about doing it. I'm assuming it is a simple wire switch, but this is my first boat and I am a 'nervous elk'...don't want to screw something up and have to take it into the dealer and lose water time...or worse, have a non-functioning temperature gauge and screw up my engine.

thanks,

Loren

If you are a 'nervous elk' see if your local boat dealer or even a mechanic do it.

Moving the depth guage did not require and change in wire length. Moving the voltmeter I had to extend the wires.
    Bruce Fuerstenberg