Default How to remove perfect Pass

I have a LSV with a perfect pass. the display of the perfect pass is no longer working. I have talked to perfect pass and they said send it to them to look at it. I tried to take it out yesterday. Do you have to take the dash off to do this? If so how do you remove the dash

thanks
    KenIdhao
    2008 LSV
    Wake plate
    Perfect Pass

You should be able to get on your back and look up under the helm.
    2013 LSV
    2005 LSV - SOLD

NUMBER ONE---------- DISCONNECT THE BATTERY

On my outback there were 4 primary nuts and washers, on studs holding the instrument cluster to the dash. When you're under there looking at the back of the dash they are at approximately 1 o'clock, 5 o'clock, 7 o'clock and 11 o'clock, about a third of the way from the outside edges of the cluster. Removing these should allow you to push the cluster out the front of the dash. I think the nuts might be 3/8 inch.

There might also be a u shaped piece of 1/2 inch wide plate holding the specific display into place within the instrument cluster. If so there are 2 small nuts holding this u shape into place.

Hope I'm on the right track and this helps.

But if memory serves. I just installed this a few months ago. You should only have to remove the u shaped plate and the gauge should slide out through the front of the dash. Mine was a pretty tight fit and I had to put a fair bit of pressure on it just to get it in. I also used a little bit of "wire lube" to help reduce the friction.
    Last edited by rsinger; 10-08-2012 at 11:10 PM.
    past---------------2003 Outback SOLD
    present------------2006 Supra Launch 21V

Ron