Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ballast-help!

I see a v-drive in your future...

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/20...y-Games-345087
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

We went out this afternoon, water temp 70 and air temp was 68, did a few sets of slalom runs and surfed for a couple of hours on my new Byerly Volt. I was running a little slow (9.8-10 mph) to give the wave a little more push so I could get the feel of the Volt. I usually run on the low end of 11 mph which opens open the pocket and allows you to surf further back.
    Here is a few updated pics from today behind our '08 LS, 2700lbs of ballast, as you can see the wave is decent and very surfable.

IMGP0005.jpg IMGP0006.jpg IMGP0009.jpg IMGP0011.jpg IMGP0023.jpg
    Patrick
    '08 Mobius LS. 4 Blade OJ 13x13 Prop.
    Kenwood KMR440U & RC107MR, T600-2 Rockford Fosgate powering 2 Liquid Acoustics 8" HLCD, Kicker SKM10 subwoofer
    5 light- light bar.
    2015 RAM 3500HD Dually 6.7 Diesel w/ Aisin 6 speed tranny
    Live life today!

Looks like when it starts cooling off you have a lot more room for ballast.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

What did you think of that Volt? I saw one in the shop here and havnt riden one yet.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Shreddin some gnar!!!
    2013 LSV
    2005 LSV - SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    Looks like when it starts cooling off you have a lot more room for ballast.
    Some of the best riding the last couple of years, since the tubers have taken over our cove, have been when the temps drop into the 60-70 deg.

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    What did you think of that Volt? I saw one in the shop here and havnt riden one yet.
    A little slower then the Triple X I have been riding. At first I had the two long fins in the foward position and the board was way loose (in a good way), then I put the two small fins in the foward positon and the two larger fins in the rear posistion and the board was on a rail and much slower. So I removed the smaller front fins and left the larger fins in rear dual set up and the board had tons of control, good speed, great pop, most of all I could move all around on the board and change the ride with out it pearling. I was impressed by the Volt and can't wait to get a better feel for it and dial the wave in that the board likes. Most of all I was impressed by how much the ride of the board changed by moving the fins around and can't wait to try some other fin set ups.
    Patrick
    Kenwood KMR440U & RC107MR, T600-2 Rockford Fosgate powering 2 Liquid Acoustics 8" HLCD, Kicker SKM10 subwoofer
    5 light- light bar.
    Live life today!

I dont think im going for 2700lbs but wakesurfing will weigh me down alot more than wakeboarding. would i HAVE to get a new prop?
    2006 Mobius LS
    Liquid Force Harley, Liquid Force Watson

Quote Originally Posted by CarsonDean View Post
    I dont think im going for 2700lbs but wakesurfing will weigh me down alot more than wakeboarding. would i HAVE to get a new prop?
    Quote Originally Posted by CarsonDean View Post
    If you have the stock 11.75 x 12.5 (3) blade prop I would suggest you try the OJ 13X13 (4) blade prop. World of difference in take off (especially when loaded) and no vibration or growl. I would also recommend starting with a couple 750 lbs sacs, put them in an L shape between engine & seat and 1 surf side. This will make decent surfable wake with the hard tank filled. We surfed this set up the first year that we started surfing you can't go wrong. You can pick up a couple 750's and tsunami pump for $400 at wakemakers and I believe there is still a discount code for Moomba owners.
    Patrick
    5 light- light bar.
    Live life today!

you have a stock prop?
    2006 Mobius LS

Im going with 2 750 Sumo sacs and a tsunami pump. puttin em on the sides of engine for wakeboarding, then L configuration for surfing. will the boat handle that weight fine with stock prop? (growling and vibration doesnt matter).
    2006 Mobius LS